Mad

They walked back to the house in silence.
Nyx was thinking over everything he'd said, his words on a continuous loop in her head.
He too seemed to be thinking, his eyes far away, his face almost haunted in expression.

"Okay..." She swallowed nervously. He was not going to like this. "I think we need to discuss this with Lady Mater."
"No."
"Called it."

She gave him a look. "Okay, think rationally for a moment. For a start, she's going to need to know there's a demonic weapon in her house and that she may get stormed by Draugr any day. Secondly, she's probably got a better idea than either of us about what you're going through, or if not, she deserves to know so she can keep an eye on you or something."
"Oh, she already does. Why do you think I had to bring a date to your party? And that's still a no."

Nyx rolled her eyes. "Look, Sebastian..."
"What did you call me?"
Nyx stopped. "Oh damn, I'm sorry. You probably don't go by that anymore. Uh... is it Jonathan then?"
"No."
Nyx looked confused. "Okay, now I'm lost."
"It's not difficult. I am not them. I am someone else. I have their face and their memories, but I am not them. Got it?" He sped up a little, walking angrily.

Nyx raced to catch up. "Got it. I'm sorry. Don't be mad at me."
"I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at me. Or them, or whatever. I don't know! But not you."
Tentatively, she touched his shoulder, rubbing it in a soothing motion. "Don't be mad at anyone. Stuff happened, you feel guilty about it, but you can't change it. Besides, think of it this way. If that wasn't you, then you can't feel guilty for someone else's doings."
He rounded on her. "Nyx, shut up..."
"Shutting up."
"... and kiss me."

Bet that's the most painful cliffhanger in the book!

Also, I want to say a special thank you to SuwethaArriane for nominating me in the fanfiction awards (and leave a hint to anyone else considering it!)
Thank you!