Without me part two

For IzKatiebug

In the house Winter Curtis and Maya Carlyle shared Maya was just sitting there. Thinking. All at the same time Winter was staring at her. It was like she was staring into her soul. After all, it has been a month since she talked to Sodapop. Winter's brother.

"It's been a month Macy" Winter spoke softly.

"I know but I don't care" she responded nonchalantly. "I'm not about to chase him. If he didn't love me he didn't love me and that will be that"

"Macy, he meant it" she said quietly but she ignored her. She didn't want to hear her crap.

She sighed getting up and grabbed her phone from her. More like snatched it. She gave her this look and took a deep breath reading the messages from a month earlier.

"Soda: Macy...I'm sorry...

Soda: I know you probably hate me and you have every right to be...

Soda: I just wanted to explain why I treated you the way I did...

Soda: Please at least open these...

Soda: Macy?

Soda: You there...

Soda: Okay then, I'll just say it...

Soda: I only treated you like I hated you because you were a rich, beautiful, s-"

"SHUT UP!" she screamed sobbing. Winter just looked at her and continued with the messages from the month prior.

"Soda: I only treated you like I hated you because you were a rich, beautiful, smart Soc. I didn't deserve you and now I never will. You helped me when Sandy left and I thank you for that. I know after I was better I sorta pushed you away after that...It was because I felt this thing I never felt with Sandy. It was...love I think. I love you Macy and I'm sorry. Please at least read this. I want you to know how sorry I am...

Soda: Please. I know you're there...I just need to know you're okay...

Soda: Macy...I know you're there...

Soda:...I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you...

Soda: I still love you

Soda: I do...and I'll do everything I have to do to prove it to you Macy"

"S-stop" she whimpered hoping it would all go away.

"Soda: because I love you...you see Macy, he loves you and will continue to love you so stop this and talk to him..." she spoke softly looking at her friend. Broken and in tears.

At this point she was crying. Yelling. Screaming. Throwing. Her world came crashing down because she knew. She knew she still loved him. No...she still loves him.

"Macy, calm down. I'm sorry" Winter spoke frantically trying to calm her friend who was at a crazed state.

No matter how much Winter would try and no matter how much time passed she knew. She knew only one person was able to calm her down and that was Sodapop Curtis.

All while she was having her mental breakdown Winter got up calling her home to hear Soda pick up in a depressed tone. Oh how he missed her.

"Macy!" he said excitedly.

"No, Soda, come to my place. Now"

"No...Macy doesn't want me there" he said sadly. How he know he screwed up but he also knew there was no fixing it. Fixing them...

"Now!" she yelled hanging up and went back out tending to Macy who was now on the floor crying her eyes out.

Minutes went past and Winter had given up all hope. She knew if they didn't get back together she would lose her best friend and brother. All because of their damn stubbornness. When all hope was lost the door opened and Soda walked in with flowers.

"Macy..." he spoke and immediately Winter fled. A grin on her face.

Once she was gone Soda sat down in front of her. In front of the girl he fell in love with.

"Macy..." he repeated but yet she did not look up because she was frightened. Afraid.

"I know you hate me and you have every right to be. I didn't mean it and I love you. I want to fix what we had and I'm sorry for being selfish. I just thought I didn't deserve you and well, it came true. I just wanted to apologize. We can't keep doing this. If we don't end up together again fine. I'll move on. It will be hard but I'm do it for you because well...Macy..." he spoke softly cupping her cheek.

"I-"

Soon he was cut off by Macy slamming her lips onto his kissing him passionately. It lasted a few minutes until she broke away for air.

"I want to try this again. An us. So...Hey, I'm Macy" she grinned and he grinned back. Oh how they both fell in love with their grins, their eyes, and each other. They knew they weren't ever going to be split apart. Ever again...and that is what happened. They lived together.

//two years later//

"Maya! I need to tell you something!" Soda called out to his girlfriend. They were going strong. Two years now.

"Yes?"

"I love you"

A blush appeared on her cheeks as she looked down.

"I love you too"

"No, like, I love you. I really love you" he spoke and got down on one knee.

"Maya, I know we had a rough start and I love you a lot. I asked Win and everyone else about this and they said you'd love it so, Maya, I promise to keep all your secrets and to love and to hold you like I never did two years ago. You showed me what real love is and I don't want any one else to show me otherwise because well, I have no other love for anyone else so Maya, will you marry me?"

At this point tears were in her eyes as she nodded rapidly. She was genuinely happy and well, who knew a greaser and a soc could love? The following month they were married and she her named was changed from Carlyle to Curtis...Maya Curtis.