pick a side

I typed away on my computer as I heard footsteps come into the bedroom. After I left the hospital, Lincoln made sure that I stayed in bed all night which frustrated me to no end. But I followed his and the doctors orders and now I just feel so lazy and uncomfortable. I looked up from my laptop to see Lincoln carrying in a bag of food.

"Hey beautiful."

He said as he placed a kiss on my lips. 

"Hey. Shouldn't you be at work?"

I asked as I put my laptop to the side.

"I took the next two weeks off. I couldn't just leave you and princess alone."

"Princess?"

I asked as I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I just wanted to give this little one a nickname while we decided on a name."

Lincoln said as he put his hand on my bump and I smiled. He handed me my food from his bag and we started eating.

"So, what were you looking up before I got here?"

Lincoln asked.

"I was looking at names and brainstorming some since we know it's a girl now."

"Did you come up with any good ones?"

Lincoln asked.

"Um, I liked Kennedy or Ashlyn. I'm not sure yet. It's such a huge decision."

I said as I looked back over at the website on my computer screen. As a little girl, I thought I would automatically know what I would want to name my little girl. But now I'm sitting here, stumped out of my mind, when all I can do is sit and look at names. 

"Don't you think this is something you and Fergal should do?"

Lincoln asked. I looked at him with a puzzled look. He knows how I feel about Fergal. He knows that I don't want him my child's life. Why the fuck would he bring him up now?

"Link..."

"I just think you should give him a chance. Doesn't your baby deserve a father in her life?"

"You're her father figure."

"But I'm not her father."

He said as I rolled my eyes. I closed up my box of food and it put it to the side as I walked into the bathroom and slammed the door behind me.

"Pam! C'mon"

I heard Lincoln call as I stared at myself in the mirror. He's right. And I know he's right. But...I guess the real thing I'm scared of is Fergal not wanting this baby like he didn't want me. I don't want to fight with him to see his child. Maybe that's why I've been keeping this from him for as long as I have. Maybe that's why I haven't bothered to text him back. Maybe that's why I'm stuck on fucking bedrest for two weeks.

Tears fell down my face as I opened the bathroom door to see Lincoln standing in the doorway. He wrapped me into a hug as I cried into his shoulder. I know he's right. I really do. And he's such a good guy and I really don't fucking deserve him. 

"Thank you."

I whispered to Lincoln as he kissed the top of my head. I really just need time to think. I need time to figure out what I want to do. That's all I need. Just....a little bit more time.