new chapter in progress

3 Months Later

"I swear to God if you spray me with pink paint...I will kill you."

I said to Mercades as she threatened me with a pink paintbrush. It's been a long three months to say the least. I'm just getting a head start on getting the twins' nursery finish. It's hard to build one nursery, let alone one for two kids. Especially since I just got a new house and just finished unpacking everything.

I had to move out of Alex and I's house. It's too much bad memories. I don't want the girls growing up somewhere where sadness still lingers. I want a fresh start for this new chapter. And, thanks to the fund that Alex left behind for me, I had enough to get a house and furnish it with some left over.

The girls wouldn't let me move anything heavy into the house since I'm seven months pregnant now. At least they're letting my shop and help decorate the house. But even then do they give me limits. I'm grateful for them. I really am. But sometimes they're just way too overprotective over me.

I haven't talked to Fergal in months. Last I've heard, he's in therapy and he's doing better. I'm happy for him. I'm glad he's happy with Mason. I hope they're doing well. But that's the extent of his and I's relationship. I'm not bitter. Of course I miss him. But life has a funny way of showing you what you need and what you don't need. And I don't think we need each other.

"What if I do...that?"

Mercades asked as he splattered paint all over my t-shirt and sweatpants. That's honestly the only thing that fits anymore. Being pregnant with twins is 10x harder than being pregnant with Kinsley or Adalyn. But I'm just trying to get through the days at this point. We ended up getting paint more on ourselves then on the wall before taking a break.

"So, how are you feeling?"

Mercades asked.

"Tired."

I said as I took a swig from my water bottle.

"Are you ready for the twins to be here? It's a lot closer than you think."

Mercades said.

"I know. I'm trying to make myself ready but it will be really hard by myself."

"Well the girls and I will be here."

"I know. Mercy, you don't have to be here. You should be with Eli."

I said as I rested my head on her shoulder.

"I know. I wanna be here though. I'll see him tonight anyway."

Mercades said as she rested her head on mine. It's great to have my friends by my side again. I do just wish Fergal was still here. I miss him a lot. I do. But I'm just trying to be strong. I can't interfere with his life. He's happy with Mason and he's still grieving. I don't need a man to put me back together. I can be a strong single mom. And I'm going to try my damn hardest to be the best super mom to all of my girls. Adalyn, Kinsley, Jaycee, and Brynlee. They're my family forever. And they're all I need.