protect her

"Are you excited about today?"

Link asked as I smoothed out the t-shirt that Link gave me to wear. He's letting me go see my friends today and I'm finally getting to see Emilee. I'm excited. And nervous. What if she has no clue who I am? That's honestly my worst nightmare.

"Yeah. I'm really excited."

I said with a smile. Link wrapped his arms around my waist as I looked into the mirror. This isn't right. It's only temporary. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

"I love you."

Link said as he kissed my cheek.

"I love you too."

I said before swallowing hard. I got out of Link's grasp and grabbed a jacket that hung from the door.

"Can I have the car keys?"

I asked Link.

"You don't think that I'm not coming with you, right?"

Link asked as he raised an eyebrow at me. Of course he won't let me out of his sight.

"Nope. Let's just go."

I said as I walked out of the room, rolling my eyes when he couldn't see. Is this what life is going to be like now? No freedom? Not even free to have my own thoughts? Who knows.

+

"Pam!"

Ashley said with a smile as she wrapped me up in a hug. It took me a minute to get the courage to hug her back. To be honest, I'm still mad at them. Not only did the girls throw me in that place, they didn't even come visit me. But if being friendly means I can see Emilee...I'll be the nicest person in the world.

Link and I walked into the living room to see Becky, Fergal, and Mercades with Emilee in her arms. As soon as Link's eyes fell on Fergal, he grabbed my hand quickly. But my eyes were stuck on Emilee.

"Can...can I hold her?"

I asked Mercades. She looked at Becky who nodded at her.

"Let me go get her out of her pajamas then you can."

Mercades said as she got up and walked down the hall.

"How are you doing?"

Fergal asked me. Before I could speak, Link spoke up for me.

"She's great. We're great. Aren't we baby?"

Link asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist. I nodded as he kissed me. Whatever he's gotta put into his sick mind. I saw Mercades come back from the bedroom but she came out empty-handed.

"Where's Emilee?"

I asked her.

"Pam...we don't think it's a good idea for you to see Emilee. We don't want you to hurt her."

Mercades said. I looked at Becky and Ashley who kept their head down.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! You still think I'm crazy?!"

I screamed at them. I went to lunge at Mercades but Link and Fergal held me back.

"She's my daughter! Not yours! I should fucking get to see her!"

I screamed at Mercades. Fergal lifted me over his shoulder and began to carry me out of the house.

"You're all fake! She's my daughter! I'll fucking get her back if it's the last thing I do!"

I screamed as I hit Fergal's back in an attempt to get him to put me down. He walked me out of the house and put me down on the ground.

"I should've known you people were fucking being selfish still. You are the biggest pieces of shit I've ever met."

I said as I shoved Fergal away from me. I stormed off to the car as tears fell down my face. None of this is fair. They shouldn't be allowed to keep me from my daughter. None of this is fucking fair.