apologies, apologies

I walked toward Link's hospital room as I took a deep breath. Remember when I said give me a minute to calm down? Well, it might have been a week. I haven't talked to him in a week. In my defense, Mercy came up for the week an convinced me to not talk to him. But I know I'm an ass. I just hope Link doesn't hate me.

Another reason I didn't come to the hospital last week is because I've been having these false contractions called Braxton Hicks contractions. They got so bad one day, I really thought Kinsley was coming. So getting out of bed was damn near impossible. But I just hope Link understands.

I walked into Link's hospital room to see him walking out of the bathroom in street clothes and his family sitting in his room. I could feel the rude glances and swear words coming at me just from their stares. Well, except for Olivia. She's always soft for me. I could barley even show my face here. I clearly wasn't welcome.

"Hey baby."

I said as I walked towards Link.

"Don't."

He said as he put his hand up and I stopped in my place. 

"You had me worried sick all week Pam. I thought something happened to you. You wouldn't even answer your phone."

Link snapped at me.

"I know, I'm sorry. Mercy was influencing me all week not to even look at my phone and then I had these really bad false contractions all week and I was even in the hospital the other night. I guess I should just go."

I said as tears gathered in my eyes Link's harsh demeanor quickly turned soft as I buried my head into my hands. He walked over to me and moved my hands away from my face and hugged me.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so rude. And I'm sorry you went through all that pain alone."

Link said as I cried into his shoulder.

"I'm coming home today. And then we can get ready for Kinsley's arrival and we'll finally be a family. Okay?"

He said as he cupped my face in his hands. I nodded as Link laughed at me.

"I love you."

Link said as he kissed me. 

+

"You okay?"

I asked Link as he sat down on the couch and I put a blanket on him.

"Yes, don't worry."

Link said as he laughed. It's so good to have him home. It's so good to have the finished piece of my family back with me. It's so good to have the love of my life back with me. I'm just the happiest girl in the world.

I still have to tell Link about Kinsley's heart. And I will. In due time. But what I can't tell him is that another reason I didn't talk to him this last week is...Fergal texted me. I didn't respond. I couldn't. I couldn't put more stress onto him or for him to not believe that I'm being faithful. 

Hey. I'm sorry it's been a while since we've talked. I'm happy that you found someone who makes him happy. I'm happy that you're happy. My girlfriend and I are going strong, if you care. And I want to be friends. I want to go back to the days where we could drink a beer and laugh over old memories. So, if you wanna catch a beer and laugh sometime soon, I'm here.

That. That is what he said to me. How the fuck are you going to ignore me for nine months and hit me with that? And how am I suppose to respond. Hey buddy, thanks for the offer but I can't drink a beer because I'm nine months pregnant with your daughter and I haven't told you! Obviously not! So until I know how to respond to Fergal, I won't tell Link. Cause it's not time to tell either of them the big news I have for them.