thank you, but no

"I need to stop buying these girls outfits. I'm literally going to have nowhere to put them."

Becky said as we walked around the baby store that she dragged me into. Becky loves shopping for the girls and always has bags full of clothes when she comes to my house. Don't get me wrong, I love shopping for girls. But Becky goes to the extreme. I tried to convince her and Colby to finally settle down but with Colby on the road so much, it's a no. So Becky has turned into the aunt who spoils Brynlee and and Jaycee to the max.

It's Fergal's weekend with Kinsley and I'm just nervous with how Fergal has been. Becky dropped her off for me and I haven't really gotten to talk to Fergal recently. I just hope she's having a good time is safe. You know what they say, it's always going to be a mother's job to worry.

"Look at these ones! They're so adorable!"

Becky said as she picked up two matching dresses. 

"Becks, I can't afford all of these clothes. You keep throwing things in but I'm on a budget."

I said as I looked down at the full cart in front of me. Alex's money is vastly drying up. So quickly that I ended up asking WWE if there was anything I could do to make some money. So I signed a contract to do some appearances for them. But that first paycheck still hasn't hit yet. And Pampers aren't cheap.

"Don't worry about it! It's on me."

She said with a smile as she threw the dresses in the car.

"Becks, you can't do that. I won't let you."

"Yes you will. I wanna spoil my nieces! Let me do it!"

Becky said as I laughed. We ended up walking around the store before somehow I lost Becky in the long aisles. I was walking around the formula when I heard someone yell down the aisle.

"Mommy!"

I heard Kinsley yell as she ran up to me and hugged my legs.

"Hey angel! What are you doing here?"

I asked in confusion. That's when Fergal approached me. I looked at his cart to see a large baby car seat in the basket of the car. I'm glad he's at least taking Mason and Kinsley out of the house.

"Sorry. I turn my back to look at formula for one minute and she ran off."

Fergal said as he grabbed Kinsley's hand.

"It's fine. I'm glad to see my girl is happy."

I said as I looked at Kinsley.

"How have you been?"

Fergal asked.

"I've been good. How about you?"

"Eh, I'm living life. Single dad life is...something."

"Preaching to the choir."

I said with a laugh.

"Listen, we should get some lunch sometime."

Fergal said as he put his hand on my arm. I looked down at his hand as I let a breath out. I can't go down this road. Not again.

"Listen, Fergal. I can't do this with you."

I said as I moved my arm.

"What do you mean?"

Fergal asked.

"I can't go to lunch with you and be buddy-buddy. And I can't love you either because you're forever going to love Vero more than me. I think it's best if we just co-parent and leave it as that."

"Pam-"

"I'll see you when you drop-off Kinsley."

I said before turning around and walking away. I can't be friends with Fergal. I can't live this lie that I don't love him and just act like we're great friends. I can't let myself get hurt again. I just need to focus on my kids and let love come to me. And I don't think that love will ever come in the form of Fergal. But that's not for me to worry about right now.