sounds so familar

"I don't want you to go."

I sighed as I folded up Fergal's clothes for him to put in his suitcase. I feel uneasy about him staying with Vero. Who knows when he'll be able to come back home? And who knows what Vero will do to him?

"I know baby. But I'll call you everyday. And I can take care of myself against her."

Fergal said.

"I know. I just hate having you out of the house. I want you all to myself."

I said with a smile as Fergal shut his suitcase.

"I'm going to miss waking up to your face everyday."

Fergal said as he cupped my face and kissed me. Kinsley isn't coming back to the house for another few days so it's just going to be me all alone. Chelsie is due in a few days so Link wanted Adalyn to stay with him and his family since they all came into town. I agreed just because I want Adalyn to get to know her paternal side of her family.

I haven't really talked to Link since our blow-up fight. I don't know how to even talk to him unless it's about Adalyn. We need to finish our divorce papers up but I still don't want to push him to do anything. I just don't think any of us need that type of pressure right now.

"Let's do something to get your mind off of everything. Wanna look at baby names?"

Fergal asked as he pulled a book off of my book shelf.

"Sure."

I said as Fergal sat down next to me on the bed. We looked through the book and started highlighting names until we narrowed down to the ones we liked the most.

"So it's going to be Jaycee and Brynlee Bennett?"

I asked Fergal, adding Alex's last name into it.

"Bennett? Why would they take Alex's last name?"

Fergal asked.

"Because they're his daughters?"

I asked as I raised an eyebrow.

"But I'm going to be the one who's going to be their father figure!"

"Well Alex is still their biological father. If he was here, he would be a father to them. I'm not budging on this Fergal."

I said as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Kinda like how you won't change Kinsley's last name?"

Fergal mumbled under his breath. My blood boiled when he said that. When the fuck does he think I've had the time to go and change her last name? Couldn't he wait until Link and I got a divorce?

"You know what, if you can't fucking let that grudge go for two minutes, then maybe you should just go and live with Vero."

I said as I got up off the bed and grabbed a pillow and blanket off the bed.

"Where are you going?"

Fergal snapped at me.

"I'm going to sleep on the couch. Have fun with your ex tomorrow!"

I yelled at him before walking out of the bedroom and slamming the door behind me. How could he fight with me over my children's last name? I get he's going to be their father figure but there has to be some respect there for their father. He would be here if he wasn't dead. But he can't get that through his fucking head.