man vs. man

"Fergal is going to be here any moment."

I said to Link as I looked down at the text on my phone. 

"Yay."

Link said as he rolled his eyes. Apparently there's still some tension there. I just hope both of them can suck up their pride and not do this in front of Kinsley again. That's honestly all I'm asking for. That's all I want from either of them. 

"Can you just promise me that you two can behave today?"

I asked Link.

"I don't want to make a promise that I can't keep."

"Lincoln."

"I'm sorry but I don't wanna break any promises."

Link said as I sighed. That's when I heard a knock on the front door. I opened the door to see Fergal standing on the porch with Kinsley on her hip.

"There's my little princess!"

I said with a smile as Kinsley reached out for me and I grabbed her.

"She just ate so she's probably ready for a nap."

Fergal said.

"Sounds great to me. We should probably tap about her birthday. It's coming up in the next few weeks."

I said.

"We should just have a small party. Nothing too big. We can do it in your backyard since it's bigger. I don't think we should do something too huge."

Fergal said.

"I agree. I don't think I could handle planning anything too big right now anyway. We could go shopping next week together if you want?"

"Sounds like a plan."

Fergal said with a smile. Before I could say goodbye and shut the door, I heard Link walk over to us.

"Well, well, well, look who's here. Father of the year."

Link said as I sighed.

"We're walking away. Yes we are!"

I said to Kinsley as she laughed and I carried her to her room. I placed Kinsley on her bed and bent down to begin to take her shoes off as I heard yelling come from the living room. 

"Boys are stupid. And annoying. Never date them."

I said to Kinsley as she just babbled. She doesn't understand a word I'm saying. I went to stand up when I had a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Shit."

I whispered as the pain moved to my back. I picked Kinsley up and went out to the living room where the boys were still arguing.

"Maybe if you knew how to treat a woman then Pam wouldn't come running back to me when she's in need!"

Fergal yelled at Link.

"Link."

I said as another pain rushed through my stomach.

"Well clearly you never knew how to treat Pam and that's why she never wanted you back!"

Link yelled back.

"Link, please."

I said as I used my free hand to touch my rock hard bump.

"Please all you ever got was my sloppy seconds you piece of shit!"

Fergal yelled.

"Link!"

I yelled to get their attention and both of them looked at me.

"What's wrong?"

Link asked as he helped me stand up straight.

"Can you take me to the hospital? I think I'm having contractions."

I said as tears fell down my face. This can't be happening. It's way too damn early for Adalyn to be here. She won't survive. She won't be okay. She isn't developed enough and she won't survive if she comes now. Don't freak out? I think this is the perfect time to start freaking the fuck out.