promise you

"Do we have to go out?"

I whined as I tried to zip up the back of my dress by myself. Link asked me to go to dinner with him tonight but at this point, not even my maternity dresses fit me. Remind me to never get pregnant and gain this much wait again.

"Yes! I want one last outing with you before Kinsley comes. Now, let me help you."

Link said as he zipped my dress back. I turned around to face him and Link smiled at me.

"What?"

I asked as I laughed.

"You're just so stunning. I'm lucky to have you."

Link said as I smiled.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Now, let's go get some food."

Link said as he grabbed my hand and led me out of the house.

+

"This place is so fancy. Can we afford this with a baby on the way?"

I said with a laugh as Link pulled my chair out for me.

"Don't worry about it, babe."

Link said as he sat down across from me. We sat and talked for a while but I could tell that Link was getting more and more nervous as the date went on. His knee was shaking. He kept cracking his knuckles. What is he nervous about?

"You okay?"

I asked as I raised an eyebrow and took a sip on my water.

"Yeah. Our dessert should be coming soon. Hopefully."

Link said as he looked off for our waitress. Something isn't right with him in the slightest. What could he be so nervous allowed? Soon, our waitress returned with two pieces of cake. She placed my piece of cake in front of me and I immediately noticed writing on the plate. My heart dropped as I read was written on the plate.

Will you marry me?

"Link."

I said in astonishment as I looked up from my plate. That's when I saw him down on one knee.

"I love you. And I love Kinsley. And no matter what, I'm going to be here for you. I know she's not biologically mine, but Kinsley is my daughter. And I never want to lose either of you again. I love you. Will you marry me?"

Linksaid as tears fell down my face.

"Yes! Yes, of course!"

I yelled as I hugged me. I smiled as Link put the ring on my finger and wrapped me back into a hug. A wife? I'm going to me...a wife? How is this possible? After Fergal, I thought this would never happen. I thought Fergal was the end all, be all of my love life. But he's wasn't. Link is. Because I'm going to be a wife.