try to do something good

I washed my hair today. It sounds like a small feat but I haven't washed my hair in weeks. It's the little things that you do when you are depressed that mean the most. I got dressed today. I did my own hair. I put a little makeup on. I looked semi-presentable. I told Ashley to go grab us dinner so I could sneak out of the house. It's so weird that I have to sneak out of my own house but...here we are.

So I decided to pick up a pizza and take it to Fergal and Vero's house. I wanted to thank him for everything he did for me a few days ago and I figured it would take some pressure off of Vero's shoulders so she didn't have to deal with dinner for a night. And pepperoni pizza is Kinsley's favorite food. It's a win-win.

I pulled into their driveway and got out of my car. I grabbed the pizza and headed for their front door but when I went to knock on the door, I heard yelling coming from inside the house.

"Fergal, you always pick her over me!"

I heard Vero yell.

"What the hell are you talking about? I've always picked you!"

Fergal yelled back.

"Oh, so that's why you stayed at her house for three days straight?"

"Her boyfriend just died Veronica!"

"That doesn't mean you have to stay at her house!"

"She's literally suicidal. I'm not going to let her be alone and die!"

Fergal yelled. So this is about me.

"Why not?! She doesn't care about you."

"I thought you were over this hatred for her?"

"Of course I'm not! She just wants you to herself Fergal! She's a dirty slut!"

"Well she's the mother of daughter."

"And I'm your fucking wife!"

Vero yelled. That's when I heard a loud crash from inside the house. I knocked on the door, trying to get them to stop them from fighting. Especially since Kinsley is in the house. Fergal opened the door and looked at me with shock and sadness in his eyes. It almost look like he's been crying. And...there's a bruise on the side of his face. 

"Hey, Pam. What's up?"

Fergal asked as he sniffled. I want to help him. I don't know what's happening but...I want to help him. But I don't know how. And my daughter is in that house. But...how do I help Fergal? Especially if he doesn't want my help.

"Um, I brought this pizza as a token of my appreciation. I just wanted to thank you for helping me the last few days."

I said as I handed him the box.

"Thanks. I'll see you in a few days."

Fergal said as he shut the door. I walked back to my car with tears in my eyes. I can't help him by myself. I don't know how to. Maybe if I tell the girls? But he might hate me or tell me something isn't going on. Hell, I don't even know if something is happening. Is it just a misunderstanding? Am I making this bigger than it is? I don't know. But I just don't want to see Fergal hurt.