you put on a show

"Look who decided to make an appearance today.

Link said with a smile as I walked into the living room with a blanket draped around my shoulders.

"I'm only here because Kinsley is coming today."

I said as I plopped down on the couch and propped my feet up on the ottoman.

"Well I'm proud you got out of bed today. Regardless of the reason. You hungry?"

Link asked. I shook my head as I sighed. I heard a knock on the door and heard Link chase after it. I just don't have the energy for anything today. But I'm going to just power through the day. I'm going to try and put a brave face on. That's all I have the energy for.

"Hey Pam."

Fergal said in a sincere tone as him and Vero walked in. I smiled as I saw Kinsley on Fergal's hip.

"Hey. There's my baby girl."

I said with a smile as Fergal handed her over to me and Vero and him sat on the couch. 

"Mommy missed you! Yes I did!"

I said with a smile as Kinsley put her hands on my cheeks.

"She's finally starting to crawl. I was getting a bit worried since she just hit the 10 month mark."

Fergal said.

"Well we can at least talk to her doctor about it at our next appointment."

I sad. I'm still really glad that Fergal and I can sit in the same room and not want to rip each other's heads off. It's really what Kinsley deserves. She deserves parents who don't hate each other and I'm glad she finally has that. And I'm glad that she has Link and Vero in her life. We're all just happy. Well, I don't know when the next time I'm fully feel happy will me.

"Hey Link."

I heard Fergal said. I looked up to see Link come into the living room.

"Hey. There's one of my favorite girls."

Link said as he sat next to me and smiled at Kinsley. I handed Kinsley off to Link and got off the couch to go grab a drink. I pulled the fridge door open, grabbed a pitcher of water out of it, and shut the door. When I shut the door, I saw Fergal standing behind it, causing me to jump.

"Jeez, you scared me."

I laughed as I walked over to the cabinet for a glass.

"Hey, can we talk about something real quick?"

Fergal asked.

"Sure, what's up?"

"Listen, I know you're hurting right now and stuff but I just feel like this is the only time to ask. I really want to get Kinsley's last name changed to Devitt."

Fergal said as I sighed.

"Do we have to do this right now?"

I asked him.

"I just want to know if we can do it. She's still my daughter and I want her to have my last name."

"I know just...give me a few weeks to think it over. I can't deal with this right now."

I said as I walked out of the kitchen. This is the last thing I want to deal with right now. I don't want to fight with Fergal right now. Not when I'm still grieving over everything still. I don't even know why he thought putting this on my plate right now was a good idea. And I have no idea how Link is going to take this if we do change her name. He might be upset. I don't know what to do right now.