will

I walked into Fergal's office as I saw him writing things down on a piece of paper. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I smiled.

"Whatcha doing?"

I asked him as I watched him write away.

"Writing out a will."

Fergal said as I sighed.

"Why are you doing that?"

I asked him as I took the pencil from his hand.

"You heard what the specialist said. 3 months! He gave me three months to live."

Fergal said as I sat down on his lap. Fergal went to see the specialist this week and he only gave Fergal a few months to live. He said that there's no point in trying chemo. The cancer is too far along.

"I know I just...I don't wanna think about it."

I sighed.

"I just want you and the kids to be taken care of. And listen, I know you didn't want to talk about it anymore, but I wanna have another baby."

"Fergal..."

"Please? As my dying wish?"

Fergal said. He really wants another baby but how am I suppose to take care of another baby when he's gone? He won't even be here to meet his child. Is that fair to either of us?

"Don't pull the dying wish trick on me."

I said with a laugh.

"I just want another piece of you and me running around."

"We already have Kinsley."

"I know I just...please?"

Fergal asked me.

"I'll think about it. Okay?"

"Alright."

"You know, making a will is really depressing. You don't need to spend your days like this."

I said to Fergal.

"You're right. I love you."

"I love you too. Now let's go spend some time with the kids."

I said as I led Fergal out of the office. It's hard to think of a world without Fergal in it. And I don't know if I want to bring another child into this world without Fergal into it.