they know you best

"This little girl is too spoiled already."

I said as I placed another onesie in the drawer. Turns out that WWE is in California for the weekend and that's why Fergal was here. Once I found out there were some shows around town, I decided to invite Mercades, Ashley, Rebecca, Manny, and Colby over to see my house and have a cook out. Manny, Colby, and Lincoln are downstairs making food while us girls are putting things together in Kinsley's room.

"Wait till I get my hands on a baby store."

Mercades said as she placed a pack of diapers in Kinsley's closet.

"Aunt Mercades is going to have nothing on Aunt Ashley."

Ashley said as I laughed.

"If you're going to buy her anything, please spoil her with diapers. We're going to need them."

I said as I sighed at our low supply. Lincoln and I haven't really talked about the situation at the beach and I honestly just don't have the energy to even think about it. I don't want to think about Fergal in the slightest.

"So how did Fergal take the news?"

Rebecca asked as she continued to pound nails into the wall for the wall art. So much for that idea. 

"Um, I haven't exactly told him yet."

"Pam!"

Mercades exclaimed.

"Listen, I tried talking to him. He never showed. It's not my fault that he is a massive prick."

I said.

"But don't you think he has a right to know?"

"I tried. That's all I can do. I can't make him listen to me. I tried and now I'm moving on. Lincoln is going to be a great stepdad to Kinsley. And I'll still tell Kinsley who her actual Dad is. She can choose to contact him when she's old enough."

I said as I closed the closet door. I hope I'm doing the right thing here. I really do. And I know that it seems spiteful but I'm really not trying to be. I just can't fight with Fergal and force him to be a dad. I can't force him to care.

"Foods ready!"

I heard Lincoln call down the hall. We walked out of the nursery and out to the backyard to see the guys all gathered around the grill. I hugged Colby and Manny and we all sat down to eat. 

"Are you guys excited to be parents?"

Colby asked.

"Yeah. I am at least."

I said.

"Me too."

Lincoln said as he looked at me and kissed me. Everyone kept talking amongst themselves and I rested my head on Lincoln's shoulder. My mind just kept going back to Fergal. Am I doing the right thing?

"Babe?"

I asked as I looked at Lincoln.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think I'm doing the right thing with Fergal?"

"As long as you believe it's what's right, then it is. Only you know what's right for you and Kinsley. And I'll support whatever you do."

Lincoln said as I smiled.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

He said as he kissed me. I believe what I'm doing is right. I think that what I'm doing for Kinsley is right. And maybe Lincoln is right. No one can decide what's right for my child except for me. And my decision to keep Fergal at a distant is what's right. And that's final.