true intent

I looked around the mostly empty bedroom as I heard footsteps down the hall. Link took me to this new empty house. It's in the middle of Orlando but don't ask me how close it is to anything.

I miss my friends. I miss my daughters. I just wish life was how it was when I was with Alex. Everything was perfect. Everything was exactly how I wanted it to be. But I guess there's no going back anymore.

"Hey beautiful."

Link said as he walked into the bedroom. The only thing in here is a bed. The rest of the house is mostly empty too. Just enough furniture to make it liveable. A couch, a fridge, an oven. That's about it.

"Hey."

I said as Link places a kiss on my cheek. I don't know what his intentions are. I don't know what he wants with me. I just don't know.

"I'm so happy to have you back."

Link said.

"Yeah. Um...so why did you discharge me out of there?"

I asked.

"Because you didn't belong in that place. And I miss seeing your beautiful face every morning when I wake up."

"What about Chelsie?"

"We didn't work out. She...she cheated on me. And once I said I wanted to break up...she took Annalee and walked away."

"Annalee is your daughter?"

I asked as I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. And she ran. So I knew that I made a mistake with being with her. You're my true love. You'll always be my true love."

Link said. I can't believe him when he says that. He's cheated on me once, why wouldn't he do it again? He's betrayed my trust over and over again. I can't trust him.

"Can I see my friends?"

I asked him.

"Of course. I'm not your keeper. Just as long as you promise to come home at night."

Link said as he placed his hand on my cheek and kissed me. I've gotta play the game. The game of pretending to love him. Just until I get to talk to the girls. Even though they may be selfish, maybe they can get me out of the situation.