make a decision

"And she is officially down for the count."

Link said as he walked into the bedroom and got into bed with me. I typed away on my laptop, trying to put some sense of how I was feeling down on paper, as I felt Link place a kiss on my bare shoulder. I smiled as I looked over at him. 

"You're so beautiful."

Link said as he kissed my shoulder again.

"If you think you're getting lucky tonight, you're sadly mistaken."

I said with a laugh.

"Can't I just complement my beautiful wife without being accused of just wanting sex?"

Link asked as I rolled my eyes. I know I have to talk to him about Kinsley's name. I just know I have to. But it doesn't make bringing up the subject any easier. I don't want to hurt his feelings. But I also don't want Fergal to be upset either. Nobody ever makes my life easier, do they?

"Can we talk about something?"

I asked Link as I closed the lid to my laptop. 

"Of course. What's up?"

Link asked. Here goes the bandaid.

"So, Fergal wants to change Kinsley's last name. He wants her to be a Devitt instead of a Christopher."

"I don't know Pam. I mean, she's always been Kinsley Christopher. Wouldn't it be weird to change it now?"

Link asked.

"Well she's Fergal's child."

"She's your child too. She has your last name. You get a say in this too, Pam."

Link said as I sighed. He has a point. It's not that she has Link's last name. It's my last name now too. I'm a Christopher now too. But I don't know if I want her to be a Devitt or Christopher.

"I know. I just can't handle this right now. I just want everything to stop being so crazy.

I said as I rested my head on Link's shoulder.

"I know. Life seems too intense right now. But you just need to relax and not let this shit get to you. It's not good for you or the baby. And if Fergal is just adding more stress into your life then maybe it's time we separate from him."

"Link, stop. We can't just separate from him. Just forget I even said anything."

I said as I turned over in bed.

"Pam, I just-"

"Goodnight, Link."

I said as I closed my eyes and pulled the blanket over me. I don't have the effort to fight over a fucking name with either Link or Fergal. It's a fucking name, for god sakes. Yet neither can understand that I'm going through enough shit on my own. Neither can understand my side of things. Just their own.