against one another

"This time tomorrow, we'll be in the Bahamas, soaking up the sun and drinking on the beach."

Link said as I laughed and continued to pack clothes away into my suitcase. I'm so ready to just escape and be away from all the drama around me. I'm just ready to be alone with my husband and then once we come back, hopefully everything will be normal.

"I can't wait to be with you...all alone."

I said with a smile as I wrapped my arms around Link's neck.

"I love you."

Link said as he placed a kiss on my lips. As we pulled away, I heard a knock on the door. I walked out of the room and opened the front door to see Fergal standing on the front porch. I don't want to see him. And I know if I let him in, Link would slaughter him. So, here comes another fight.

"What do you want Fergal?"

I asked as I crossed my arms across my chest. 

"I want to see Kinsley. I know I messed up yesterday but I still want to see my daughter. And I need some clothes for Kinsley for when you guys go away."

Fergal said.

"You can't be here Fergal. Link doesn't want you here and I have to support what he wants. And My Mom is going to be watching Kinsley while we're gone and you can visit her when she's there."

I said.

"Are you two serious right now? Kinsley is my daughter."

"I know that but I need to listen and respect to what my husband wants."

"Your husband?! You've been married for barley 24 hours!"

Fergal yelled at me.

"But he lives in my house, he's in our daughter's life, and I need to respect him. He is the man I love and if you cannot respect him or me being with him then I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Let me guess, he's the one who came up with these ridiculous rules about me seeing my daughter."

"He did. And I need to respect how he feels. He feels that you tried to rip us apart. How could you do that to me Fergal? How could you try and rip me away from the person that I love?!"

"Because I love you!"

"Well I don't love you! And I never did like I love Link! You can see your daughter when she is at my Mother's and we'll figure things out later. And I need you to leave before you make things worse."

"Whatever Pam. I hope you're fucking happy with your makeshift family. You deserve to rot in hell along with your piece of shit husband."

Fergal said as he left. I shut the door as I felt tears fall down my face. I can't do this with him anymore. I just want to be happy again. I want my daughter to have a happy life and maybe that's a life where Link and I have to pick up and move away without Fergal in her life.