meet the family

"Why does nothing fit?! I'm sick of this shit!"

I yelled as I threw another outfit out of my closet. Lincoln asked me to go to a family dinner and I just really want to impress his family. I met his parents and siblings back in high school but I'm nervous they won't like me anymore. Especially since I'm pregnant with someone else's child. I had my 20 week ultrasound a few days ago and my doctor said I could finally be off bed rest so this is my first outing since.

"Because you're growing a little human inside of you."

Lincoln said as I rolled my eyes.

"I've got nothing to wear. I'm going to look ugly and your family is going to think I'm ugly."

I pouted as I stared at my closet.

"No they won't. You'd be gorgeous wearing a trash bag."

Lincoln said as he looked onto my closet.

"Here."

He said as he handed me a black dress. I sighed as I grabbed it and walked into the bathroom. While I was changing, I looked into the mirror and examined my bump. I smiled as I thought of just what my baby girl could look like. How could Fergal not want to be apart of this? I mean, I fucking tried to reach out to him. Do you think he ever messaged me after that night? Nope. So now, Lincoln and I are fully prepared to give this little girl the best life possible.

"See? You look gorgeous."

Lincoln said as I walked out of the bathroom.

"You think so?"

"Of course."

He said as he wrapped his hands around my waist and kissed me.

"I'm scared. I really want your family to like me and accept this baby like you have."

"They will. I promise. My family loved you in high school and there's no reason they wouldn't love you now."

"What about that I'm pregnant with someone else's child?"

I asked as I looked away.

"Stop thinking like that. Okay? We're a family now. And if Fergal decides to step up, then he can be apart of this journey. Until then, we're a family."

Lincoln said as I smiled.

"Thank you."

I said as I kissed him.

"Now, let's go show you off to my family."

Lincoln said as I laughed.

+

"I'm so nervous."

I said as Lincoln opened the door to his parent's house.

"Don't worry. You'll be okay."

Lincoln said as I took a deep breath and followed him into the kitchen. There we found a petite, blonde woman who was mixing something in a bowl.

"Hey Mom."

Lincoln said as he hugged her.

"Lincoln! I've missed seeing your face."

She said as she kissed his cheek. I smiled as she came over to me and wrapped me into a hug.

"Oh, Pamela! You haven't changed one bit."

She said as I laughed.

"It's been too long Carol."

"Please, call me Mom. We've known each other long enough."

She said. That's when she looked down at my bump.

"Wow, I can't believe I'm going to be a grandma!"

She said as she placed a hand on my bump. I looked over at Lincoln who mouthed 'She knows she's Fergal's' to me and I nodded.

"Are you guys excited for this little one?"

Carol asked Lincoln and I.

"Excited, nervous, scared beyond belief. Whichever you wanna pick."

Lincoln said as I laughed. Soon his Dad, Jack, and his siblings, Olivia and Max, came and joined us in the kitchen and we all sat down for dinner.

"Do you guys have any names picked out for the baby yet?

Olivia, Lincoln's youngest sibling asked. She had to be only 19. She's gotten too big since the last time I saw her.

"Not yet. We're taking our time with it."

Lincoln said as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I just want to find the perfect name. The perfect name for the perfect little girl."

I said with a smile as I looked up at Lincoln. How did I get so lucky? I have an amazing man, a baby on the way, a support group of both my parents and his, what could ever go wrong here?