three's a crowd

"There is a potion in your lips, so sweet, I'd die. There is a ocean in your hips, so deep, I'd dive."

Link sang along to the song playing on the stereo as I rocked Kinsley in my arms. I wish this was how it was all the time. Just so damn peaceful. But, we all know that my life is made up of chaos by now. And none of that comes from the man in this room. 

"Good morning!"

It's from that man. I turned around to see Fergal walk into my house with a huge smile on his face. I quickly put my finger to my lips as Fergal looked at me as if he forgot that there was a three week old in my house.

"Sorry. I brought breakfast."

Fergal said with a smile as he placed a box of donuts on the coffee table.

"Thanks. I'm starving."

I said as I used my free hand to grab a donut and sat down on the couch next to Link.

"I'll take her off of your hands."

Fergal said as he took Kinsley from me. Since Kinsley got home from the hospital, things between Fergal and I have surprisingly been okay. He's been putting an effort in to get along with Link and I and I really appreciate it. He even dropped the custody lawsuit. I'm really happy he's stepping up as a father.

I rested my head on Link's shoulder and looked up at him to see him staring daggers into Fergal. If looks could kill, right? 

"You okay?"

I asked Link as I fiddled with my engagement ring. It feels weird to wear it around Fergal.

"Yeah."

Link said as he looked down at me. His eyes softened as he looked at me. It's always like this. He has eyes full of rage for Fergal but eyes full of love for Kinsley and I. I can see the change. It's odd.

"I love you."

I said with a bit of a pout on my face. Link smiled as he cupped my face with his hand.

"I love you more."

He said as he kissed me. Gosh, I love this man. I just want to live my whole life by his side. I can't wait to marry him and give Kinsley siblings and-

"Hey, did you prepare any bottles?"

Fergal said as Link and I pulled away. Buzzkill.

"Yeah. They're in the fridge."

I said as I plastered a smile on my face. Fergal walked into the kitchen as I looked back at Link.

"Does he have to ruin everything?"

Link mumbled.

"Link."

"Well, c'mon! He's clearly jealous that I have you and has to interrupt anytime we even try to be the least bit romantic."

Link said as I sighed.

"I know. I'm sorry. Listen, he's just here for Kinsley, okay? I love you. You won't lose me ever. I promise."

I said with a smile as I straddled Link's lap. Link placed his hands on my hips as he smiled up at me.

"I know. I'm just protective of you two. Besides, I can't wait for you to be all mine."

Link said as he moved his hand further down to my thigh. 

"Hey, can you show me where these bottles are?"

I heard Fergal said as both Link and I groaned. I got off of Link and headed into the kitchen to help Fergal. Is this what everything will always be like? One day, Link and Fergal will be fighting over who gets a better seat at Kinsley's soccer game? Or maybe she'll play softball. Either way, I'm already exhausted of the jealousy.