frustration city

"Morning gorgeous."

Link said as I walked into his hospital room. I'm sick of this. I'm sick of seeing him in a hospital bed and not having him home. I need him. Just today, I broke three dishes because I couldn't reach them thanks to my huge bump. I just need his help at home. But I'm not going to do that. I've also been having small cramps all morning. But I'm not going to tell him that.

"Morning."

I said, plastering a fake smile on my face. I don't want him to worry. He needs to rest and care about himself. I can do that for myself and Kinsley.

"You okay?"

Link asked as he made room for me to lay on the bed and patted the spot beside him. I nodded as I laid down next to him.

"Six more weeks."

Link said as he put his hand on my stomach. I sighed as I felt Kinsley kick where Link's hand is. She's always kicking my ribs or my bladder so at this point, comfortableness is nowhere to be found.

"Yeah."

I said. Well, more like groaned. 

"Pam, what's up?"

Link asked as he turned his head towards mine.

"Sorry, I just miss having you at home. I want you back in our bed and just being with me all the time."

I said as tears gathered in my eyes. It's not my fault. It's the hormones. I'm usually not this sappy.

"I know. I'm sorry. Trust me, I'd rather be home with you two than stuck in this hospital bed. But the doctor said that by next week I should be home and I can start walking tomorrow. Everything will be alright."

Link said. But it isn't what I want to hear. He doesn't understand. He doesn't understand being huge and trying to get around the house. He doesn't understand what it's like to sleep alone at night and just sobbing because your daughter won't stop kicking you. Or trying to run to the bathroom every two seconds because there's a baby sitting on your bladder. He just doesn't get it.

"But it's not alright! I can't keep being alone anymore during this! I'm so stressed and I already broke dishes this morning and Kinsley is going to be here soon and my anxiety is going through the roof and I'm just so fucking frustrated!"

I screamed as I stood up off the bed.

"Pam, I'm-"

"It's fine Link. I'm going to go home for the day. I'm really tired."

I said as I walked out of the room. I know I'm a bitch. I know I shouldn't yell at a man in the hospital over stress he didn't even cause but I did and now I feel like an asshole. But once I calm down, I'll apologize. Until then, I'll just be known as an asshole to Link.