take a jump forward

6 Months Later

I poured white cake batter into a silver pan as the smell of vanilla and cookies ran through the kitchen. Ah, life. It's really something you can't take advantage of. I know what you're thinking, "How the hell can you go from wanting to kill yourself to loving life?". Well, let me give you the short version of what's happened these last few months.

After being discharged from the hospital, I was homeless. I would sleep on park benches and hope someone would throw some change my way. No one would answer my calls. Not Mercades, Ashley, Link, nobody. One day, some guy asked me if I would go to a diner with him for a bite to eat. Now, usually I would be weary of strange men asking me to get in their car. But, honestly I didn't care if this guy killed me or not. I was depressed.

So I got a bite to eat with him and he turned out to be a great guy. He is sweet and caring and so nice. He invited me to stay with him at his house and I accepted. After a few months living together, we had one night of fun and decided to get together.

I probably sound like the biggest whore in the world. Yes, I have two baby daddies. Yes, I am still married. But I think I am allowed to find my Prince Charming. Fergal has Vero. Link found some new girl. I am allowed to find love too. And I found my Prince Charming. Alex is so amazing. He makes me a better person. He's not just a yes man. He truly wants me to be the best version of myself.

Now, when it comes to the girls, that's harder said than done. Fergal and I went to court and he got full custody. I reached out and asked for visitation and he told me no. Then him and Vero went off and eloped and they moved to Ireland. So I hope they're happy. I'll appeal the court in another two months when I have the chance.

Link let's me see Adalyn every other weekend. We're trying to co-parent. A divorce is a sticky subject still and I feel like we are still trying to get over it. But, as long as I get to see my daughter and we're both happy with our significant others, who really cares about a divorce? We'll cross the bridge someday. I smiled as I placed the cake pan in the oven and heard the front door open.

"Honey, I'm home!"

I heard Alex call as I laughed. Alex walked into the kitchen, placed his stuff down on the kitchen island, wrapped his arms around my waist, and kissed me.

"Hey baby."

I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Alex makes me really happy. He's my dream man. Not only does he have the kindest soul, but he also is tall, dark, and handsome. And that always makes a man even better.

"Something smells good in here. Watcha making?"

Alex asked.

"Well, I got bored so I made cookies and now I'm baking a cake. How was work?"

"Not as fun as being with you."

Alex said as he picked me up and I giggled. I'm finally so happy. And no one can take that happiness away from me. Everything in my life is finally coming together. And, I'm still going to fight for Kinsley when I'm allowed to again. I'm really trying the best that I can to get her back. And I really just can't wait to finally have my girls back in my life again.