crumbling marriage

"Let's get going. We better find somewhere else to stay."

I said as I put Adalyn into her car seat. It's time to get the hell out of San Jose. I have no idea where I am going to go.  I don't know who to go to. I just want someone to take my pain away. You'd think that should be Link but...here I am. I grabbed my suitcase, grabbed Adalyn's car seat and headed for the door. But as soon as I opened the door, I saw someone who angered me but also softened me on the other side.

"Link, why are you here?"

I asked as I placed Adalyn's car seat down.

"I miss you baby. And I went home to talk to you and found your engagement and wedding rings on the table. We can't go out like this, baby."

Link said as he went to hold my hands.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have replaced me with some whore."

I said as I pushed him away from me.

"Pam, please just listen to me. I want you. I want a family with you and Adalyn and Kinsley. Just like we always planned. And I want more babies with you. I want to grow old with you. I want to do it all with you."

"Well maybe you should have thought of that before you fucked some little slut and not answering your phone while your daughter was being born. How the hell did you even know that I was here?"

"Fergal told me. Please. Just give me another chance. I'll beg on my knees if I have to!"

Link said as he got down on his knees and wrapped his arms around my waist. First off, what a child. Second off...Fergal fucking sold me out. I confided in him because I could trust him. And he betrayed my trust. Fuck him.

"Get off of me! Just leave us alone! Go fuck your whore and leave Adalyn and I alone. I'll send the divorce papers."

I said as I pushed Link off of me, grabbed Adalyn's car seats and my suitcase, and headed out the door. I can't let myself get hurt any longer. I can't let him play me and hurt me and my daughter again. I've gotta be stronger than that. And right now, it feels like that is the last ounce of strength I had. But hopefully one day I can look back on the and laugh. Or at least not hurt so bad.