lover not a fighter

"Is Daddy coming today?"

Kinsley asked as I finished helping her get dressed. Fergal is suppose to be spending the next few days at my house and I wanna confront him about Kinsley and what has been going on at his house. I can't let Kinsley go back to that house of abuse. I can't watch my daughter go back just to be treated like a punching bag.  

"Yeah. He's going to stay with you and me here for a few days."

I said with a smile.

"Yay, Mommy and Daddy!"

Kinsley said with a smile as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I smiled as I hugged her, being careful of her back. I need to get to the bottom of what happened here. I can't just let Vero get away with what she did to my little girl.

"Pam?"

I heard Fergal called from the other side of the house. I picked Kinsley up and carried her out to the living room.

"There's my favorite girl!"

Fergal said with a smile as he took Kinsley from me. I smiled as I watched Fergal twirl Kinsley around as she giggled. We all sat down on the couch and that's when I decided to take the opportunity to ask him about the bruises.

"Can we talk Fergal?"

I asked him.

"Yeah. What's up?"

"Why are there bruises on my daughters back?"

I asked him. Fergal's eyes went wide.

"What are you talking about?"

Fergal asked. I lifted up Kinsley's shirt and Fergal swallowed hard.

"Fergal...is Vero abusing you guys?" 

I asked him. After I asked that, Fergal immediately broke down into tears.

"Fergal...you should've told me."

I said as I wrapped him up in a hug.

"I didn't think anyone would believe me. I didn't think anyone could believe that my small, pregnant wife was beating me up."

Fergal cried into my shoulder. My heart aches for him. No matter what has happened in the past, this man still means the world to me. I'll always have love for him in my heart. I'll always care about what happens to him.

"Fergal...I believe you. And if you let me, I'll help you. I promise."

I said as I wiped his tears.

"I just don't know how to tell her that I'm moving out when she's pregnant with my son. I still love her, Pam."

Fergal said.

"I know you do. Just tell her that you're done with her games. I'll go with you if you want."

"You will?"

"Of course I will."

I said with a smile.

"Thank you Pam."

Fergal said as he hugged me. As we released from our hug, I looked up into Fergal's beautiful, sparkling blue eyes. Gosh, these eyes give me butterflies constantly. I'm so glad Kinsley inherited them. I smiled at Fergal as he continued to stare into my eyes. Next thing I knew, Fergal grabbed my face and kissed me. And at first, I didn't pull back. I wanted this. But I know this isn't right. He isn't mine.

"Fergal..."

I said as I pulled away.

"Pam, I've missed this. I want this. I want you."

"No you don't. You want something to get over Vero. You don't want me and I don't want either of us to get hurt or for feelings to get hurt."

I said to him.

"Pam, I've wanted you for years. Ever since we broke up, I've wanted you. I need you, Pam. I've only fought tooth and nail with you these last few years because...I need you. Please, Pam."

Fergal said as tears gathered in his eyes. I took a deep breath as I grabbed his face and kissed him again. I don't know what I'm doing. It's scary, jumping in like this. But, it's also freeing. It feels good to not have control for once. It feels good just to let myself get lost in Fergal all over again.