for the sake of family

Time Jump / 4 Months Later

"You look so pretty, Kinsley!" 

Mercades said as I carried her out of her bedroom on my hip. The last four months have gone really great. Mercades and I are both six months pregnant and Link and I have decided that we didn't want to find out our baby's gender. Mercades found out she's having a little boy so she's hoping out on us having another girl so they can be best friends when they grow up. She also wants her little boy to have a built-in girlfriend so...who knows what goes on in her mind?

Fergal and I's relationship has gotten better. We're civil enough to hang out with each other and do fun family things with Kinsley and our lovers. It took a lot of work to not only get the tension down between us, but between Fergal and Link too. But we all worked on it and we're like one big happy family. I'm even friends with Vero, which I never thought I would say. But if we're all going to be in each other's lives for the rest of our lives, we might as well get along.

"Say thank you to Aunt Mercy!"

I said to Kinsley as she just looked at me. Today we're having a barbecue with all of our friends. We all haven't gotten together since Fergal and I became friends so I felt that this was a good time. Mercades followed me out to the backyard where Fergal, Vero, Link, Ashley, and Manny were all talking.

"There's my pretty girl!"

Fergal said as he took Kinsley from me and I sat down next to Link. Link put his hand on my bump as I smiled.

"I love you."

Link said.

"I love you too."

I said I kissed him. I looked over at Fergal and Vero as they smiled and played with Kinsley. This is what Kinsley deserves. Parents who aren't fighting all the time and who are happy. Parents who aren't at each other's throats the whole time.

"I can't wait till our baby is here. Kinsley is going to be the best big sister."

Link said.

"I know. I can't wait till our family is complete."

I said as I rested my head on his shoulder. As it got dark outside, I put Kinsley to sleep and the guys started a fire. I walked inside the house to refill my drink when I heard the screen door shutting. I turned around to see Fergal behind me.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

I asked him. 

"Just coming in for another drink. It's kinda funny watching Link and Manny try and keep this fire going."

Fergal said with a laugh as I refilled his cup.

"Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for being so cool these last few months. It means a lot to Vero and I."

Fergal said as I smiled.

"Of course. We're all in this together."

I said with a smile as I hugged Fergal. I'm so glad this relationship has blossomed into what it has. I can just tell that Kinsley is much happier with both of us in her life and she can sense that we're both happy. Nothing could go wrong right now.