why did it have to be you

"Why do I have to wear this thing again?"

I asked Olivia as she put a tiara into my hair.

"Because you and Kinsley are the princesses for today."

Olivia said as I sighed. Today is the baby shower the Olivia insisted on throwing and I just feel so anxious about it all. I haven't told anyone about Lincoln and I's break-up. I have no idea if his family knows or if he will show up today. I don't even know if Lincoln's family will support me once I tell them. But I do have to tell them. I'll tell them all today.

"I still feel like this is over the top."

I said as I adjusted the sash that Olivia had already placed over my body. I'm not this type of person. I'm not this type of person who wants the center of attention or someone who wants to wear a tiara and sash and have everyone touch my stomach. This isn't me. This isn't me at all.

"Well wait till you see the venue."

Olivia said as she handed me the sparkly purse that matched the sparkly romper that Olivia sucked me and my huge bump into. 

"I can only imagine. You ready?"

I asked her.

"Yeah. Let's go party!" 

Olivia yelled as I rolled me eyes and smiled.

+

Wow, it's very...pink."

I said as Olivia and I pulled up to the venue. 

"Well, you are having a little girl. Now, let's go see who's here."

Olivia said with a smile as we got out of the car. We walked into the small venue to see my family, Lincoln and his family, and all of my friends walking around the party. To be honest, I'm really surprised Lincoln is here. Why would he want to be here if we broke up? What does he want?

"Hey guys. Thanks for coming."

I said with a smile as everyone noticed Olivia and I had walked in.

"Pam! You look so great!"

Carol said as she hugged me. Everyone came around and hugged me but all I can think about is Lincoln. I need to talk to him. I need to find out where his head is at. Once everyone left me alone and went off to mingle, I went to find Lincoln in the kitchen area of the venue.

"Hey."

I said with a smile as I grabbed a glass and started pouring water into it.

"Hey."

Lincoln mumbled.

"Can we talk?"

I asked as I took a sip of my water.

"About?"

"I wanna talk about this new attitude. I miss you. I love you."

I said as I put my hand on top of his.

"I'm sorry. I know I've been a dick recently. I've missed you two. A lot."

Lincoln said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What got into you?"

"I was just...I was scared. Kinsley is coming so fast and I panicked. I drank to soften the blow of becoming a dad and not even being her biological dad. But I want to be her father. I want to be with you."

Lincoln said as he put his hand on my cheek. I smiled as I looked up at him and kissed him.

"I've missed this. I've missed you."

I said as we released. 

"I've missed you too. Now, let's go celebrate Miss Kinsley."

Lincoln said as he led me out of the kitchen area.

+

"Is that the last of it?"

I asked Lincoln as he finished loading up all the gifts from the baby shower into the trunk of his car.

"Yep. I think we have enough diapers to last about a month."

Lincoln said as I laughed.

"She'll probably run through these 15 boxes in the first week."

I said as I shut the trunk to the car. I went around to the front of the car and got into the front seat. Lincoln got in the car and we went off down the road onto the highway. I scrolled through my phone until I heard tires screeching on the road.

"Stupid fucking drivers!"

Lincoln yelled as someone cut him off on the road.

"Hey, calm down."

I said as I rubbed his shoulder. I looked down at my phone and next thing I knew, someone slammed into the side of Lincoln's car. Our car went tumbling off of the highway and rolled itself into a ditch. The car must've flipped at least three times into the air before we ended up in the ditch, front end first.  I opened my eyes to see Lincoln's bloody face and a huge gash in his stomach.

"Link!" 

I screamed as I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. I opened the driver side door to see  a huge cut on Lincoln's neck and face.

"Pam."

He said weakly as I turned his head toward me.

"Please stay with me. Okay? I'm going to get you help. I promise you. You're going to be fine."

I cried as I held his hand. 

"Hey, are you guys okay?"

A guy asked as he walked up to me.

"Please call for an ambulance. I'm think I'm fine but he's not."

I sobbed. 

"Please stay with me Link. I need you. Kinsley needs you. Please don't go."

I sobbed into Lincoln's hand. I just got him back. I can't fucking lose him again. Not to some fucking car accident. He can't be taken away from me. Please....please don't take him away.