ying yang

I sighed as I sat down on the floor of the bathroom and pulled my hair out of the makeshift ponytail I plopped it into. Morning sickness...fun, right? I haven't talked to Link in a week and I really miss him. It's been the longest week of my life without him here. I wish he was here to hold me and pull my hair back when I get sick. But I'm the one who walked out. I can't blame him for not wanting to reach out. I sighed as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see a text from Mercy on the screen. Pulling into the driveway now. Come outside!!!! I've got a surprise for youuuu :)

I sighed as I got up off the floor and walked out of the bathroom. Mercy was suppose to get lunch but that was almost an hour ago. Who knows where she has been. I slipped my flip-flops on and walked out of the house to see Mercy's silver car pulling in. I smiled slightly as I watched both her and Ashley come out of the car. 

"So you're my surprise?"

I said with a laugh as Ashley walked over to me and Mercades was rummaging through the backseat of her car.

"Not quite."

Ashley said with a bright smile on her face. I raised an eyebrow and I heard Mercy approach us. I looked over to see her holding a grey car seat with a blanket over it. My heart stopped. They can't be serious right now. They're playing some sick joke, right?

"I think someone has missed her Mommy."

Mercades said as she took the blanket off of the car seat, revealing a smiling Kinsley inside.

"Oh my gosh! My baby girl!"

I said with a huge smile as I took the car seat from Mercades. We all walked into the house and I took Kinsley out of her car seat. The minute she looked up at me, she started giggling. I can't be replaced. She knows me.

"How did you guys get Fergal to do this?"

I asked Ashley and Mercades.

"He doesn't exactly...know about it."

Ashley said as her and Mercades exchanged glances.

"What?"

"Well, you see, Ash is babysitting for Fergal while he does some work stuff so we thought sneaking Kinsley away for the day to see her Mama would do some good."

Mercades said with a devious smile. I smiled as I looked down at my precious baby girl in my arms.

"Thank you guys."

I said as I hugged the both of them with my free arm. This is the most thoughtful thing that anyone as ever done for me. This is what I needed. What I craved so badly. I really needed this.

"Also, I have some news for you guys."

Mercades said as Ashley and I both looked at her in confusion.

"What's up?"

I asked.

"So...I met this guy about a month back. Actually after Pam and Link wedding at the bar a bunch of us went to afterwards. Anyway one thing led to another and...I'm pregnant!"

Mercades said with a smile on her face. Ashley and I looked at each other as a smile grew on our faces.

"Does he know?"

Ashley asked.

"Yeah. He doesn't wanna be apart of the baby's life. But it's still my baby and I'm keeping it. So, I'm going to do this all by myself."

Mercy said.

"You aren't alone, Mercy. We're always here for you. And now our babies are going to be playmates!"

I said with a smile as I hugged Mercades. Life seems to be falling into place for everyone. Well, except for me.

+

"I'm so glad we get to experience pregnancy together."

Mercy said as we both ate our dinner. Ashley had to take Kinsley back and it broke my heart but she had to go home. Well, it's not home but with her father at least. 

"I'm glad too. We can do a conjoined shower!"

I said with a smile. We kept talking until I felt my phone buzz on the table. Link's number.

"Go take it."

Mercades said as I nodded. I walked into another room as I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Pam. Uh, it's Olivia."

I heard on the other line. Why is Olivia calling me from Link's number?

"Hey, Liv. What's up?"

I asked her.

"Um...is there any chance you could come home? Link tried to commit suicide and Max found him and he just really needs you Pam."

Olivia sobbed. My heart shattered. This is my fault. All of this is my fault. I'm so fucking stupid. I should've stayed. I should've put my problems to the side to check on him. I'm a horrible wife. I'm a piece of shit human. And now I'm going to lose the man I love.

"Yeah, I'll be on the next fight out."

I said, trying to hold it together. Once I hung up though, I completely broke down. I explained everything to Mercades and she helped me pack my bags as quickly as possible. And now I'm on my way to the airport. But nothing feels real. I feel numb. I can't lose him too. 

God please don't take him too.