you'll always find your way back home

1 Month Later

"Where does this one go?"

Mercades asked as we packed away all my clothes out of my closet. I'm moving. I'm getting the hell out of San Jose and going to Florida. I just need to go and be with my friends and hopefully my daughter and not be stressed out. I just need to go where belong. And that's in Orlando. I haven't heard from Link or his family in a month. And it's been one of the hardest months of my life. I've just concluded that Link is dead. Because either he actually died or his family pumped him with so much junk in his head that I'm dead to him. 

"Put it in the pack pile. I'll be able to wear it once the baby is here."

I said as I threw another batch of clothes into the pack pile. I heard the front door open and shut and footsteps coming down the hall. I assumed it was Ashley, who went out to get more boxes, and went on with packing. That was until I felt a pair of arms around my waist. I turned around to see Link standing there with a smile on my face.

"Link!" 

I said with a hug and a huge smile.

"Hey princess."

Link said as I cupped his face.

"I've missed you so much. Your family wouldn't see you and I thought you were gone."

I said as tears fell down my face.

"I know. Don't worry about them. I pulled through and I'm here for you and our family now."

Link said as he wiped my tears. He placed a kiss on my lips as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"So...what's going on here?"

Link asked as he looked at all the boxes on the floor.

"Um...I'm moving to Florida."

"What?"

Link asked in astonishment.

"I've gotta get out of here Link. I know our families are here...but I've gotta fight for Kinsley. And even though a San Jose judge says I can't have visitation with Kinsley, maybe an Orlando one will."

I said. 

"Can't we discuss this?"

Link asked in a quieter tone.

"I already got a house down there. Link, you can come with me or...we might as well sign divorce papers. Cause I'm going to fight for my daughter. And you're either with me or out of this marriage."

I said. Link sighed as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Fine. Let's fight for Kinsley."

Link said as I smiled. He kissed me again as he wrapped his arms around my waist. It's so good to finally have him home and by my side. And now we're going to fight for Kinsley again. And I'm not going to fight for full custody; even though I want full custody. I'm going to fight for visitation. My daughter deserves to have her real mom in her life. And when they're here, she deserves to have her sibling in her life. And she deserves to have her step-father in her life. Because he loves her like no other. And she'll always know who her real Dad is and who her step-father is. So let's fight for this.