preparations

Time jump // 4 months later

I walked into the kitchen to see Fergal feeding Kinsley. I smiled as I sat across the island from Fergal as I flashed him a smile. My relationship with Fergal has been great the last few months. Now Fergal and Link's relationship...that's another story. The jealousy is still there and the tension is higher than ever but I'm glad they can at least put their pettiness aside for Kinsley's sake.

Link and I's wedding is in a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited. I finally get the marry the man of my dreams. I finally get to call him mine forever. But one little detail that still needs finalized is who is going to carry Kinsley down the aisle as the flower girl. I'm hoping Fergal says yes and that asking him doesn't make it awkward but who knows how he'll react.

"What are you so happy about?"

Fergal said with a laugh as he spooned some mushed carrots into Kinsley's mouth.

"Did you get the save the date a few weeks ago?"

I asked him.

"Yeah."

"Well, I was just wondering if you would maybe carry Kinsley down the aisle for me? I think it would mean more to have her father carrying her then just Mercades or Ashley."

"I would love to."

Fergal said as I smiled.

"Thank you so much!"

I said as I hugged him, being careful of Kinsley in his arms.

"Of course. I didn't know this meant this much to you."

"Of course it does. It's my wedding day and I wanted someone special to carry Kinsley. Nothing gets more special then her Dad."

I said with a smile. I heard the front door opened and I turned around to see Link walking in the house with groceries in his arms.

"He said yes!"

I said with a huge smile on my face. Link smiled as he put the groceries down and walked over to us.

"That's great. It'll be good to have you there for Kinsley."

Link said to Fergal as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Yeah. For Kinsley."

Fergal said before putting the glass jar Kinsley was eating from in the trash and walking out of the room.

"I love you."

I said as I turned around in Link's arms.

"I love you too. Listen...while Fergal has Kinsley...wanna go have some fun upstairs?"

Link asked as he kissed my neck. I laughed as Link picked me up and carried me upstairs. Life can't get much better than this, right? Co-parenting has gotten easier. I'm getting married. Nothing can make life better then this.