two of two

I walked into the living room, carrying Kinsley on my hip, as I sighed. Link started a new job so he's finally working instead of being home all the time. Not that I don't want him home all the time. I put Kinsley into her walker as I switched on the TV and began watching some boring reality show. This really sucks. I hate being alone like this and it will suck even more when she goes to Fergal's house next week. At least Link should be home soon. 

"Let's go make something for when Daddy Link comes home."

I said to Kinsley as I picked her up and she giggled. I really try not to confuse her with Link and Fergal's names so we came up with "Daddy Link" for Link and "Mommy Vero" for Veronica. Then Fergal and I are just "Mommy and Daddy". It makes everything easier.

I took Kinsley into the kitchen, placed her in her high chair, and pulled a box of brownie mix from the cabinet. I started putting the brownie mix together as I heard the screen door open and Link walked inside. I have to admit, seeing him wear his business attire is really sexy.

"Ooh, are those brownies?"

Link asked as he peered over my bowl. He's such a child at heart.

"Yeah. Kinsley and I got bored so we're baking."

I said with a smile as Link placed a kiss on my lips and then walked over and kissed Kinsley's cheek. Link started playing with Kinsley as I heard my phone ring from the other room. I walked out of the kitchen to grab my phone and noticed that it was Brenda calling me.

"Hello?"

I asked as I answered it.

"Hey Pam, it's Brenda."

I heard her sniffle from the other line.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Um...so last week Mom and Dad got into an accident. A drunk driver hit them. And they passed away at the crash. And Josslyn and I didn't want to worry you with the funeral because you seem so happy in Orlando and you're pregnant and we just didn't want you to stress. But now that the funerals are over, we figured it was a good time to tell you."

My heart sunk to the deepest parts of my boy. Both of my parents are gone. And no one even let me say goodbye at their funeral. I hung up my phone without saying another word. My sisters might as well be dead to me too. Because what kind of sisters just exclude another one like that? 

"Baby, what's wrong?"

I heard Link ask as I turned around to see him and Kinsley in the walkway of the living room.

"My parents died. And my sisters didn't even invite me to the funeral."

I sobbed. Link put Kinsley in her walker and wrapped me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry princess."

Link said as he rubbed my back.

"Can you just call Fergal to pick up Kinsley early? I'm going to bed."

I said as I headed towards my bedroom. I lost the last four members of my family today. Two from a drunk driver. Two from being just inconsiderate fucks. This is so unfair. Everything was going so right and now...this happens. What the hell did I do to deserve this?