drop-off drama

I stared out my car window, watching cars pass by as music played form my radio. Fergal and I decided on meeting in a parking lot to do drop-off today to save him some time since he's been super busy as of late. I've only been taking Kinsley to my house as of right now. Link still won't let me see Adalyn because of all of his petty drama toward Fergal and I being together. It's not like he's going to have to worry about that anymore.

I heard that Link and Chelsie has a baby girl. I hope they're happy and that Adalyn is happy with her new sister. I just want to see Adalyn again. Our court date to renew our custody is coming up soon so we'll see what happens then. Link can just be so cruel at times. He has vicious intentions when he's angry. And he's really angry with me now.

I watched Fergal's car pull next to mine as I smiled. I got out of my car and watched as Fergal took Kinsley out of her car seat and grab her bag.

"Hey princess! I've missed you!"

I said as Kinsley hugged my legs. I helped her into her car seat and shut the car door before turning back to Fergal.

"So, can we talk for a minute?"

Fergal asked me.

"Sure. What's up?"

I asked as I leaned against my car.

"I just miss you. A lot."

Fergal said as he took my hands into his. I looked away from him as I sighed.

"Fergal...you know we can't do this."

"But we can."

Fergal said as he pulled me closer to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and started kissing me. I gave him for a minute before pushing him away.

"Fergal, stop!"

I yelled.

"What's wrong?"

"This! Us!"

I said as I pointed between us.

"I'm not going to be your rebound again! I can't be the girl you use to get over Vero again."

"But you aren't. I love you so much. You're the one I love."

"Fergal, you and I both know that's not true. Even Becky told me it wasn't true."

"Becks said that?"

Fergal asked me in disbelief.

"She didn't have to say it. I knew it. I'm sorry Fergal. I hope you find a nice girl but I cannot be that girl. I'll see you next week."

I said as I got in my car.

"Where's Daddy going?"

Kinsley asked me.

"He's going home, baby."

"I thought he stayed with us?"

Kinsley asked. She's way too smart for an almost 3 year old.

"He doesn't anymore, baby. Let's go home and watch a movie. Just us."

I said before turning the car on and pulling out of the parking lot. I wiped my tears away as I drove down the road. It hurts so much to keep having to reject Fergal time after time. I love him. My heart aches for him. I want to feel his arms around me again and to feel the love that we had together. But I have to keep myself and my children from being hurt. And being with Fergal isn't going to keep us safe from being hurt. It'll put us more in danger of being hurt.