are we out of the woods

"Good morning."

I said with a smile as I walked into Link's hospital room where his family sat. It's been a week since the crash and Link is still in the hospital. He woke up a few days ago but he still has a tube down his throat so he can't speak. I bought him a dry erase board so he can write whatever he needs down.

I haven't told him about Kinsley's heart murmur since I don't want him to worry. I just need to find the perfect time to tell him. I sat down next to Link's bed and smiled as he turned his dry erase board over which read "good morning princesses" on it.

"Aw, we love you."

I said as I kissed the top of his head. Link has two more surgeries to go but hopefully he'll be able to have his tube taken out today and I can hear his voice again. I miss hearing his voice, having him at home, I just miss him.

"Has the doctor been in yet?"

I asked Olivia as I took a sip of my orange juice.

"No."

She sighed. I can feel the tension in the room from the last few days. You can tell this family isn't the type to be in the same room for long periods of time.

"Are you in pain or anything?"

I asked Link as I pushed his hair out of his eyes. He lightly shook his head no as I smiled.

"I love you."

I said as I kissed his forehead. After about an hour, the doctor came in and said that they could remove Link's throat tube. After they removed it, Link started coughing so I sat on the bed with him.

"It's okay. I got you."

I said as I stroked his air. His family went to the cafeteria and I stayed in the room with him.

"My throat is so sore."

Link said as I poured him a glass of water.

"Drink this. It'll help."

I said as I handed it to him.

"I've missed hearing your voice."

I said with a smile.

"I've missed being able to talk. Listen, I'm sorry about the crash, It was my fault. I let my road rage get the best of me."

"Link, stop. It wasn't your fault. Besides, all three of us are okay. That's what matters."

Okay that was a lie. We weren't all okay. Kinsley has a heart murmur and I could really use your comfort and for you to hug me and say that it's all okay and for you to make me food but we aren't at home. We're at a stupid hospital because we got into a stupid car crash and now I can't tell you that Kinsley has a heart murmur because it will stress you out and we don't need that right now. But it really is a lot to keep on my shoulders, Link.

"Listen, I love you. So much."

I said before crashing my lips into Link's. We kept kissing until I heard the door open and a cough come from it. I looked up to see Olivia and Max standing in the doorway.

"Sorry."

I said with a laugh as I pulled away. I'm really happy to have Link up and talking again. Kinsley will be here in 7 weeks or less and after he gets his surgery, we'll be a family again. Nothing stopping us in our tracks. Not a heart murmur. Not a baby daddy. Nothing.