ptsd

"I should've never gotten you out of that place you little whore."

That sentence rang through my mind over and over again. The look in Link's eye...it was pure evil. It was pure anger. Pure evil. I guess that's what his whole being is made up of.

I gave him so much of me. I married him. I had a child with him. I thought he was going to be my rock for the rest of my life. And then he took advantage of me. Guess it shows that you can't trust anyone. Not even your own husband. Or ex-husband.

I shot up in bed as sweat dripped down my face. My breathing became heavier as I tried to tell myself that it's just a dream. I looked next to me in bed to see a sleeping Fergal next to me. Oh yeah, guess I should tell you how I got here.

After I ran away with Addie, I found myself at Fergal's house. He took me in, cleaned me up, took care of Adalyn, and actually took the time to talk with me. He believed me. That's more then I can say for most people in my life.

I haven't talked to the girls yet. I can't tell them. They'll think I did it because I'm crazy or something. I can't go back to that place. I just can't. So I'll just stay here with Fergal.

It's been a whole week since the Link situation. It feels weird sleeping next to Fergal again. But it also felt weird when he kissed me a few days ago. We were just sitting, eating food with the girls, when he grabbed my face and kissed me. I can't say that I opposed it. I actually kissed back.

I don't know where Fergal and I are gonna end up. I don't wanna rush anything. I just wanna be happy for once. I wanna get Emilee back. I just wanna fucking hold her at least. I just want my family back. I wanna be able to mourn Zoey. I just want my life back.

"You okay, baby?"

I heard Fergal mumble as he groggily looked up at me.

"Yeah. Go back to sleep."

I said as I kissed him. I laid back down and felt his arms wrap around me. Like I said, I don't know where this is going to go. I just wanna take life slow right now. God knows I deserve it.