surprise revenge is the best revenge

"Home sweet home!"

I said with a smile as Link and I walked into our new Orlando home. The house was covered in boxes but at least we have some furniture in the house.

"Anywhere you are is home to me."

Link said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and placed a kiss on my neck. Is this the bliss everyone else experiences after marriage? Cause I'll take this everyday of the week. We put a few boxes of clothes away before we both realized that it was dinner time. 

"We have absolutely no food to make dinner with."

I said with a laugh as I opened the empty refrigerator.

"I guess we better go get some groceries. Then I can finally cook you dinner for the first time in forever."

Link said as he grabbed my hands and pulled me into a kiss. This feels like that perfect puppy dog love again. This is what marriage is suppose to be. This is what falling in love is suppose to feel like. Link and I piled into the car and we drove towards the nearest grocery store. The whole time, Link serenaded me with love songs on the radio and his hand was intertwined with mine. I can't remember the last time I was truly this happy. Probably before the wedding. And now I'm one step closer to getting that back.

Once we got to the grocery store, Link insisted that I stand on the little bar on the car as he pushed me around the store. The whole walk around the store was filled with laugher and endlessly throwing junk food in the cart. We were finishing up our shopping until we heard someone knock into our cart as we were looking at the meat section.

"My bad."

Someone said. Link and I both turned our heads and my heart fell into my stomach as I saw who was there.

"Fergal."

I said in shock. There he was. With his blonde bimbo who was feeding my daughter. My eyes fell to Kinsley's beautiful face until I was knocked back into reality.

"What the hell are you two doing back in Orlando?"

Fergal snapped at us.

"We just moved back here. I need to fight for visitation of Kinsley."

"God you are just like some sort of disease that keeps following me. Can't you just fucking leave my family alone?!"

Fergal yelled as he got in my face. I can't antagonize. Not in front of Kinsley.

"I will see you in court. And I will see my daughter. And I will let it be known that I'm her mother. Not your whore of the month."

I said before turning and walking away with my head held high. It felt good to not have to have a screaming match with him. It felt good to make my stance and not back down from that man. Not everything has to be a huge argument or petty jabs at one another. I made my point clear without yelling. I think that is growth. And I guess I'm the only one who has grown between the two of us.