5K Special: House Hunting [Oneshot] Modern AU

Words: 3.5k

"Bat-Ears, hurry up, we're going to be late!!"

"Okay, okay, I'm coming, just hold your horses."

"What is that, Hak?"

"Dunno, Princess. Extra cargo?"

"Hak, I wasn't talking about Jae-ha."

"Yeah, Hak. That's so mean."

"You'll live, Droopy-Eyes. Oy, Bat-Ears, what the heck are you doing?"

The troublemaker froze in place at Hak's deep baritone. They were all supposed to be heading over to the guys' dorm to meet up with Yoon and the others before carpooling to the houses their realtor was taking them to see. 

Yona and Calista were busy getting ready, having accidentally overslept and missed their alarm. Jae-ha and Hak drove over, and insisted on driving them even though the latter had said his sister would probably be content walking. 

He wasn't going to let her walk, it was several miles.

Hak was going to come alone, but Jae-ha had insisted. He was very tempted to kick the green-haired man out at the stoplights all the way over here, but resisted for both the girls' sakes, knowing Yona would most certainly not talk to him for the rest of the week and that he wouldn't be safe from his sister's rage. 

The dark-haired man crossed his arms across his broad chest and raised an eyebrow pointedly.

"What?" Calista mumbled innocently. 

"I haven't seen you in months and this is what you look like?" He shot back incredulously, stunned by her appearance. Despite how outrageous it was, it looked good. 

She had just gotten back from a trip overseas.

Her black hair had been cut asymmetrically and tinted. The dark blue glinted as the sunlight hit it, and made it look like it was moving on its own. Her style had changed too, and he chalked it up to the readjustment period. 

It always took each of them a bit to adapt back to the culture here, and his sister was no exception.

Her style was usually so casual and comfortable, but this time, she was sporting a tank top, leather jacket, a miniskirt, fishnet stockings and combat boots.

Calista flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Don't like it, don't look." She flaunted over to his car, a Koenigsegg Agera S, that the gang had recently bought him for his birthday.

He claimed it was too much, but by the way he was eyeing it as it sparkled in the sun, they all secretly high-fived in the background knowing that they had made the right choice. 

"Let's go!!" She cheered, calling shotgun before Jae-ha could.

The four arrived at the guys' dorm, the rest of their friend group waiting in anticipation outside. Yoon sternly instructed them into the family van he had borrowed from his adopted dad, Ik-soo, that he had lent to them for the weekend. They often took road trips with their extended family in it, so they knew the best layout everyone was comfortable with.

Hak was the driver with Yoon as the navigator. In the first row, Yona sat next to Zeno and in the one behind was Jae-ha and Kija. That left Calista along with Shin-ah in the backseat, which was more cramped than the other rows. 

Not that she minded, but she would never say that out loud. Though, she could've sworn she heard his breath hitch when he saw what she was wearing.

"Road trip!!" Zeno cheered.

"We aren't going anywhere, kid." Hak shot down, rolling his eyes humorously.