Chapter 11 : His First Birthday Pt2

"Hey kiddo,Happy ..Happy ..birthday" said Jace while entering the house with his wife Clary and daughter Alisa.

" Unci Ja...Unci Ja...." said Max excited.

"Yes Kiddo ...I know , you love and miss me so much , so I am here every other day ...." said Jace.

Clary gave  a strong nudge to Jace with her bony elbow.

"Whoao...what ??? Isn't it true that I am Max's favourite uncle and he misses me every second of the day ...." said Jace and swept Max from the carpet where he was  playing with his Granma.

Max giggled and held his uncle's shirt tightly.

"And this one is for you ...." said Jace propping a big box in gift wrap for Max.

Max clapped and giggled....

"Hey Mr. Inquisitor , keep the gifts of His Highness in a safe place...." said Jace looking at Alec who was standing with Alisa in his arms  . Alisa did her first work of jumping into the arms of  her Prince Alec.

Alec rolled his eyes .

Soon the gift in Jace's hand vanished all at once.

"No-one talks to my husband like that ...not even you... Golden Hair." said Magnus snapping his fingers  . He was hugging Clary , but got a little irritated with Jace's words towards his husband ,as usual.

"He is my Parabati....Warlock...." said Jace looking at Magnus.

"And he is my husband " said Magnus.

"Mmm...you two .....not today ......." said Alec to his husband and Parabati.

Jace and Magnus stopped.

Jace looked at his hands which did not have the gift anymore.

He looked at Magnus with confused  eyes . Magnus said " Don't worry , it is kept  somewhere safe..."

Jace rolled his eyes with Max in his arms.

Alec looked at Jace and laughed with Alisa in his arms.

"If you all are done pulling each other's legs , Jace I am sitting right here ....don't you think , you should greet your old  Mum...." said Maryse .

"Oh....I am so sorry Maryse....." said Jace crouching down near Maryse and hugged her with his other hand that was free from holding Max.

"You are forgiven ...." said Maryse kissing Jace 's forhead and caressing his cheeks.

"Where is your sister...why she is not here yet....??" asked Maryse.

"She is on her way ....she texted me a few minutes back ...she will be here any moment...." said Clary .

Maryse nodded.

"I have something important to announce as all the Lightwoods are gathering here...." said Maryse.

"But..Mum ....but....he...he... is not here...." said Alec a little sad and hesitatingly.

All Jace , Clary, Magnus and Maryse looked up at Alec . Alec was sad .

Magnus went near Alec and pressed his hands.

Maryse looked at Alec. She quickly understood whom Alec was meaning  and said " If you want to invite him , you can , I would not mind..."

"Are you sure...? I want Dad to be in  Max's life  too...." said Alec.

Magnus  rubbed Alec's  shoulders.