Chapter 53: On purpose ??

It was  more than a  month that Alec was pregnant. The happiness of the Lightwood-Bane family knew no bounds . Magnus was striking the dates off the calender and waiting for his second little piece of heart to come  to this world.

Max was on cloud nine. It was just he did not know counting otherwise he would have started counting the days when he would play with little Rafe.

Alec continued with his daily routine of office-home-office-home. 

Nobody in the family knew about Alec's pregnancy except Jace and Clary. Magnus and Alec had decided that at the end of the first trimester they would disclose the big news ceremonially to the whole of the family.

It was an usual day , when Alec returned from the Clave office . 

"Dadda ..." said Max and ran for Alec .

"Yeh...my baby..." said Alec .

Magnus came behind him smiling at his family.

"How was the day of my little Big brother to be ...???" said Alec to Max.

"Pappa taut me onne , too, thhree , fouurrr.....Max teachh them to Rafe..." said Max to Alec.

"Ooohhhh....." said Alec .

"That's too much of knowledge....you will surely be a good teacher to our lovely Rafe. " said Alec.

Max giggled holding his Dadda tightly.

"Why are you dressed ???" asked Alec to Magnus.

"Yah , I just returned from a potion delivery , I took Max with me ...." said Magnus.

"Oh..." said Alec.

"Dadda , Max want play Ali..." said Max.

"Do you want to play with Ali ..???" asked Alec to  Max.

Max nodded his head.

Alec looked at Magnus.

"Its only six'o'clock , we can give a visit to the Herondales..." said Magnus.

Alec nodded his head.

"Maxie...we are going to meet , Ali...and you will play with Ali and little Luci too....." said Alec.

"Yayaa...Yayaaa.....yayaa...." said Max in excitement.

Alec and Magnus chuckled at the little one.

Max ran to his nursery to bring his toy cars which he wanted to show to Ali.

Magnus came forward to Alec and said " Love, are you sure that you want Max to be near Lucifer???"

Alec looked at Magnus and said " I know Magnus , with Lucifer being Asmodeus , we should keep Max away from him . But I want to give , Baby Luci a chance . Max is an angel by heart . If  Max could mould baby Luci with his brotherly love and compassion , we could suppress the negative conscience of Luci . We could help Jace too. "

Magnus nodded his head.

"You are right. To mold Luci's thoughts , we need to see that he starts to love Max . " said Magnus .

Alec nodded his head to Magnus.

Max came running with one of his many toy cars .

"Are you going to take that with you " asked Magnus to Max.

"Yes...for Luchhi...." said Max.

Magnus beamed with pride.

"Oh , Max, you are really an angel...." said Alec.