Chapter 94 - When It Was

I was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling and waiting for Kurapika to come back from the kitchen. I wished he would hurry up already, not because I was hungry, but moreover because I felt rather lonely.

He's only been gone for ten minutes, why do I feel so alone?

He probably left you again.

What? No.

He's gone. Left you alone, letting the Phantom Troupe find you and kill you.

That would never happen...

You think they aren't angry? You're supposed to be dead. But instead you've gone and killed two of their members.

They're going to hunt you down and torture you all over again.

"Stop it, Jesus..." I mumbled, sitting up in the bed and backing up, my blood running cold when I heard a tap come from the window.

My eyes shot to the glass. No one was there. "It's just the rain." I whispered to myself.

It sounded like a pop. Remember?

God no.

Pop. Just like when Feitan broke your fingers.

Stop-

One by one by one by-

"(Y/n), how much salt do you want?" I heard Kurapika call from the kitchen.

Kurapika.

I pulled the covers off of myself and gently stood up, wincing when my weight was pressed into my legs and feet. I inhaled sharply and kept my eyes on the window as I backed out of the room, limping for the kitchen. "(Y/n)? What are you doing out here? You need to lay down and rest, come on." Kurapika said, drying his hands with a towel and walking towards me.

"I'm bored."

"You're exhausted."

"... No."

"(Y/n)-"

I felt my feet wobble and fell forward.

Welp. Down we go.

Kurapika caught me, steadying me before looking into my eyes. "Are you sure you're alright?"

Talking about it will just make things worse.

"Yes, I'm just frazzled and too hungry to sleep and I missed you so I came out here to see if you need help

"... That was a long sentence with minimal pauses."

"... Yes."

Kurapika sighed, looking me up and down before letting go of me slightly, his arms still extended out towards me. "Come here." He said softly.

I let out a breath of amusement. "I don't need a hug, stupid hunter. And aren't you burning something over there?"

Kurapika turned back towards the stove and I giggled, grabbing onto the T-shirt I was wearing and looking down.

Looking down. I used to refuse to look at myself, remember?

My wrist was completely crushed. By the mallet. Remember the mallet?

"Aye! Go get back in bed while I put this on a plate." Kurapika called.

"... Right."

Authors note: OKAY I KNOW THAT THIS ISNT EVEN HALF OF A USUAL CHAPTER BUT I'M SUPER BUSY AND THOUGHT IT WAS BETTER THAN NOTHING WKKWNEJSKED