Chapter 21 - The Dress Fitting

Kurapika, Trisha and I were all sitting on a large green couch that sat in the center of one of the fitting rooms. There seemed to be endless racks and hangers filled with dresses of all shapes and sizes. Part of me wanted to be excited for the ordeal, but I couldn't help but keep my mind on the things that Trisha had said to me right before the fitting.

I don't know what's happening with me...

A woman who I had never met before came into the room, her heels clicking on the floor as she looked at me. She had short straight hair that was bleached blonde and black at the roots, and her eyebrows were thin and pointy. "Is this the bride to be? Oh honey you are just gorgeous!" She said, pushing up her glasses and dragging out the word 'gorgeous'.

"Thank you." I replied, a warm smile on my face as the woman narrowed her eyes just slightly at me.

"Feeling nervous, are we? Don't worry love, once you find the perfect dress you will be happy as can be." She remarked. "I'm Kanna, I'll be helping you today."

Kanna turned around and went to a rack, writing down something on a clipboard she had picked up. I felt Trisha's hand pat my back and I looked back to her. "It'll be alright." She murmured.

"Of course it will." I replied.

. . .

About half an hour had gone by and I had tried on five different dresses, all of which didn't feel right. Kanna knew that the wedding was supposed to be grand, so she had picked out rather extravagant dresses for me to try on. "Oh, (y/n)! I think you'll like this one!" The woman called from behind a rack of dresses.

(You aren't supposed to like this one lmao)

She pulled out a huge dress that had some sort of overcoat and was adorned in many sequins. "It's, it's a lot." I breathed out, hoping Kanna would get the message this time.

"Kanna, (y/n) is very shy, so maybe we should pick out a dress that reflects her personality more? Maybe something simple and elegant." Trisha suggested, pushing some of her large curls away from her face.

I smiled at Trisha and looked back to Kanna, who was wearing a rather surprised look on her face. "Of course! Oh I have the perfect dress for you!" She exclaimed, grabbing a plastic covered dress off of a rack.