𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 55

Grace's POV

Grace's POV.

Harry comes closer to me and stares into my empty eyes, scared. Then wakes up from his trance and leans down to press his forehead with mine closing his eyes and breathing my scent. I do the same and feeling myself calming down slightly.

''Tell me what happened'' he asks gently and brushes his thumbs on my cheeks, warming my so cold body.

''I can't, I don't even know myself'' I explain and start to feel uncomfortable. Harry grabs me by the hips and lifts me on my feet taking a step forward. He presses his body against mine and sights, embracing me tight like he's afraid I will fall to pieces. I'm afraid he will disappear to be honest. I hug him back and take all the time to collect myself. I can't talk, I don't even want though, I just want to explode in million pieces and let the world finally forget about me.

''Let's go upstairs. Here's not the right place,'' he points towards two men that are coming in our direction drinking from their glasses and laughing. He pulls away only to hold me by the hand and lead the both of us in my room. Harry carefully closes the door and stares as I path towards the bed and sit myself on the edge, taking my head in my hands.

He waits and waits until I finally decide to open my mouth, it comes like something natural now, as something I need to get off and he's the only one I need to be there to listen. Like that friend you always need to have when you have a secret to tell.

''My mom is alive, Harry. Apparently she left when I was two and never came back to ask for me.'' Harry eyes go darker and I straighten my back slightly confused. ''Why you don't seem so surprised?'' I inquire and he rubs his hand on the nope of his neck, shifting from one feet to the other. Nothing good.

''Well, that night at your house,'' he begins and bites down to his bottom lip to find the right words, I hope he hasn't lied to me one more time or I swear I'm going to punch him in the face and then leave. ''Your father came to see you'' I froze for the second time in just one day and find myself on my feet without even knowing why.

''He claimed he needed to tell you something but I didn't let him in, because you have had a really tough day and I didn't want for you to-'' I walk towards him and see all red. I push him against the door and he rises his hands in defeat. I have so much rage inside that I'm scaring myself too.

''Let me explain Grace'' I shake my head and grab him by the collar of his white shirt.

''Explain Harry? You hide this from me. Who do you think you are, to decide if I am or am not ready to listen to my dad's words? You don't know nothing about me, Harry!'' I scream and Harry's face hardens under my voice. His mussels tense and his head snaps down to me, his eyes unreadable.

''I don't know you? Are you serious Grace, I don't fucking know you? after everything we have been through, I thought we were past this.'' I push him again and take some steps back, keeping his words out of my mind.