The Funeral

Advi's POV:

It's time for my parent's funeral. Veer uncle kept fire to both my Mom and Dad. What I was doing is standing there mourning for my deseased parents. All the responsibilities are taken by Veer uncle and is performing all the rituals. But there I'm standing like a boulder, emotionless.

All are saying that I'm a bad omen. Adding I lost both my parents on my birthday. All started hating me and hurting me. But I don't care. Suddenly I felt someone's presence behind me. I turned to see who it is. Awan is standing there. He is of my age just 6 days elder than me. I gave him a sad smile.

The next thing he did made me lose my temper.

He said" You are really a bad omen. You brings unluck to every one. You just lost your parents on your birthday. Don't come to our home. I hate you." Now every nerve in my body is filled with rage. Not able to control it I slapped him that hard, that he should never forget in his life.

Ignoring him I crossed him and started walking not knowing where to go.

Awan's POV:

She is all silent and stood there emotionless. Are all what are saying is true? I think it is. If not they may not say like that. I went near her to ask. I kept my heart out and asked what I want to. To my utter shock she slapped me, that hard that I really never forget even if I want to. I just hate her.

I can see her anger filled eyes. Ignoring, she went past me. Mom came near me. I thought of complaining about her to Mom. Mom held my arm and slapped me...... Immediately my hand found its place due to extreme pain.

"Mom" I shouted.

"Shut up. Just shut up. Not even a single word." Mom yelled at me.

"Mom what did I do?" Blinking my eyes letting my tears flow.

"You are questioning me what you did? Don't you know? What did you say to her, a bad omen right? No..... She is not and moreover get this into your thick brain that now onwards she is going to stay with us." She said in one go which made my eyes go wider.

I cursed her. Because of her today, for the first time my Mom slapped me. Mom went to her and asked to come along with us. I don't want her to be in our home and be treated same like me.

"Advi beta please come to our home!" Mom asked her sweetly with hopeful eyes.

"No aunty I don't want to be a burden to you all." She said. I am very happy that she will not come to our house. Drama Queen!

"Who said you are a burden to us dear? See we don't have a daughter, why don't you become our daughter? Dad asked caressing her hair. I don't have a sister but I don't want her to take the place of my sibling.

Suddenly she hugged Mom, Dad and cried a lot. "Thank you aunty and uncle but I don't want to stay with you as it always makes me remember my parents. So please don't force me." She said. I think Mom and Dad are convinced with her drama.

"Your wish dear. Then I'll appoint a good person who will take good care of yours. I also promise to give you the best education in India's best schools." Dad said and she nodded for it. I hope this drama ends here.

With love♥️
introvert_2001