The Adieu

Author's POV:

Awan sat down for breakfast and both his parents ignored his presence. He felt hurt but masked it with a cold and emotionless look which is also same with Advika.

Avanthi was feeding Advika while she ate silently.

Awan was about to leave when Advika asked him to stop.

" I don't have time now. I have an important meeting in the next 2 hours. So if you please excuse me, I need to leave now." Awan said looking at his watch. Advika tried to contain her anger as he insulted her infront of his family. Still she held her breaths and closed her eyes gritting her teeth.

She looked at him with the red eyes and gave a curt nod. She left to the guestroom which is now her room.

It took her a lot of time to adjust in the guestroom unlike Awan's room.

Awan soon wrapped up his meeting grabbing a deal into his account. Finally he is happy after many days. It gave him a sense of satisfaction.

He reached home early to know what Advi wanna talk to him. He don't want to entertain any shit or wanna listen her brainwashing stories.

He took a quick bath and ordered his servants to escort Advi into the study
room.

The door opened to reveal Advi in her shorts and a cami top. She have her glasses on which is bringing out the suppressed innocence in her.

" Sit." Awan said coldly still not lifting his head from the file.

" I didn't come here to sit and make peace with you Awan Malhotra. I'm here to talk about what you have done to my company." Advi siad seething in anger.

" So you finally found out huh...?" Awan said with mockery dripping in his voice.

" Do you think me as a dumb person or a blind? Do you think I don't know what is going on in my company? And why did you do that?" Advi roared landing her fists on the grand Mahogany table between them.

" Are we angry ADVIKA? Cause that is what I felt when you betrayed me taking over all my deals and helping my rivals." Awan yelled throwing the file in his hand.

" For the 'n'th time I'm saying you Awan, I didn't betray you. AND WHAT WILL I GET IF I BETRAY YOU?" She asked offended.

" Satisfaction. The satisfaction of The Malhotra Empire always behind you and not equal to you. This is what I heard about you. Isn't it true you vile woman?" Awan asked maliciously glaring at her. It hurted her that he is calling her names but nevertheless she let it affect them.

" Yes. I don't like anyone being my equal. But I never go in a wrong path to eliminate them from my way Awan. And I don't give a damn what you think about me. Cause I'm not gonna stay with a person like you where you only suspect me and mistrust me. " Advi said shaking her head in disappointment.

" Don't bring our relationship in this Advika. This is purely business." He roared holding both her arms which made her jerk in his hold.

" I will and what will you do?" She asked directly looking into his eyes. Her eyes held confidence which raised his heartbeats. He composed himself and spoke.

" You know better than me what I will and can do Advika." He said glaring at her.

" What will you do? Haa? What will you do? May be you'll threaten me by saying that you'll file the case against my companies or you'll threaten me by saying that you'll make my character bad infront of the media. What can you do other than these?" She said pushing him away. He have never seen her this angry, not even on the day of her parent's funeral.