Mehandi

Author's POV:

Every thing is happening in the blink of an eye. The day of their mehandi ceremony have eventually come. The elders are going crazy with lack of interest on Advi's side.

"Doll what do you think of this design?" Avanthi asked showing her the catalog.

"Anything us okay with me. So choose what ever you want aunty." She said seriously working on her laptop.

"Arey! How could you say this? It's your marriage. Your mehandi. And the bride herself is not interest in the marriage?" Diya exclaimed taking the catalog from Avanthi's hand.

"I'm marrying for you people. And for your fucking kind information I'm not interested in this marriage." Advi said rudely without averting her eyes from the laptop.

"Stop saying that your are marrying for our sake. Please keep that work away for at least few days. It's your marriage Advi." Diya growled in irritation.

"I already agreed to your terms and conditions. But I'm not gonna compromise with my work Diya. So you just continue what you wanna do in these three days. I'm not gonna give my time to you after this marriage. " Advi said furiously typing in her laptop.

" Okay. I'll choose the designs but you can't work for this night as your hands are going to be adorned with the mehandi." Anuradha said coming from no where.

"Now it's 4'o clock. That means I have to waste my 4 hours of time if the mehandi is to be done and get dried by evening 8'o clock?" Advi exclaimed in utter irritation.

"By the way applying mehandi itself is going to take 5 hours and drying and redrying takes an another 3 hours. And later you have to eat and sleep. So you won't get any time to work today and more over you have already been working from morning. It is more than enough." Avanthi said in utter disappointment.

" Fuck! My 14 hours of time is gonna get wasted. Do you even know how much that 14 hours worth? Fucking 8.76 millions! You have to understand and make this idiotic ceremony quick." Advi yelled at Diya.

" Won't you sleep at night? And don't you dare compare your precious time with money. " Avanthi roared.

"I feel that sleep is waste of time. It is not going to do any good in my life. So I think working is only the best option for me to keep myself away from every stressful situation. So I don't mind working in any awful situation when it brings me peace. And yes, work = stress buster = peace = relaxation = (sleep)²." Advi said her equation very logically.

It made everyone go mad and grab their hair. Shreya and Ridhi just looked at her bewildered. Avanthi gave an angry look and smirked at her.

"I think you know what happens in our house right baby doll?" Avanthi said with a hidden agenda in her voice.

Advi sensed that and said "No. I don't!"

"I know you know but let myself say it again. All the electronic gadgets are to be shit downed by 10:30 pm.No sneaking out of the house after the dawn which you very much like to do. No work on Sundays. Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner must. 8 hours of sleep compulsory. If these rules are not followed I won't hesitate to kick anyone out of the house. Either it may be Awan or you or your uncle. Now get up." Avanthi say while Ridhi and Shreya giggled. Advi glared at them which made them shut their mouths.

Anuradha and Sangeetha took Advi onto the stage adorning her with the light green and white half saree and left her hair down with no make up.

"Now you may start miss." Diya said to the mehandi artist.

"Sure mam." The artist said and applied the eucalyptus oil on her hand till the elbow. She soon started giving beautiful strokes on her hand.

Soon she adorned her hands with beautiful mehandi till her elbows.