The Depature

Awan's POV:

Day by day the relation between me and Doll is changing for good. She slowly started to accept me. Either it's by responding to my touches or those little smiles she often give me.

It's like more than 1½ month after our first anniversary. Even though the distance between us has been decreasing, she still flinch to my touches sometimes. She still cry in her sleep.

But the way she hug me like a Koala in her sleep gives me an another level of happiness.

She love to share stories sitting on my stomach which I so much love. I find it cute when she turn my face towards her if she find that I'm not attentive to her.

I was still in my office and it's 18 minutes past 7. I collected the important files and locked them in the safe. I walked out of the office to see my car already waiting for me.

The security opened the car letting me slide inside it with ease. I wonder what my wife is doing! I only have 24 hours to spend with her.

With in no time I'm home. The scene infront of me just made me wanna laugh. Mom and Dad are playing the video game connected to the TV with Doll cheering both of them.

" I'm home!" I yelled grinning but no one paid a heed.

I sighed and went to my room to freshen up.

" You know aunty, Awan said me the story of a vampire prince and princess when we were in Goa. He doesn't know that, that story resembles our life!" I heard my wife saying to mom and dad.

" So, you find that story similar to ours! Hmm?" I asked my wife going behind her making her flinch.

" You scared me Awan!" She yelled and I balanced her as she was about to fall off from the sofa.

" I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." I said kissing her forehead.

Mom and Dad left to give us some privacy and I hopped onto the sofa sitting beside her.

" Can't you delay your trip to Seattle Doll?" I asked pulling her closer.

" No." Was her monotonous answer.

How come I got a wife like this in the world of million species?

" But you are not spending time with me. Either you work or play with Aarya!" I complained.

" Don't drag Aarya in this Awan!" She frowned turning towards me.

" Ok. Leave it. Karthik and Diya invited us for the dinner
tomorrow. What do you say?" I asked her.

This is the first occasion Diya is going to celebrate after her marriage. I know what's going on in their life. But Doll played her role well in their life.

I still sometimes laugh when I remember how she threatened Diya's mother in law. And that bastard step brother of Karthik, I just wanna rip him into pieces. I've seen how he have looked at Doll, Diya and Nithya.

" What's the occasion?" She asked snuggling into me. I snaked my hand around her and my right hand is busy with pushing her silky locks from her face. She only snuggles into me when she feels low. I atleast understood this much about her.

" It's Karthik's birthday. They wanna celebrate before you leave. We'll quickly have dinner and leave as you have to reach to Seattle as well." I said kissing her forehead.

She only replied me with a hmm.

" How about we go on a long drive after the dinner?" I asked her. I know that will lift her mood and it did. She has been very fond of the long drives ever since I took her when we were in New York.