The Deal

Awan's POV:

I just wanna know about her. She is so interesting. How can she be the best entrepreneur all the time at a very small and tender age? That too without anyone's support. Even Karthik always blabber about her. Today Dad is throwing a grand party on my success. All my friends and relatives gathered at our place. All are happy. But I didn't find my best friend Karthik. I'm searching for him from a very long time and I finally spotted him in the garden, sitting in a bench. I marched to him and yelled his name, but no response. He is still in his own world. I shook him and yelled again but he didn't even buy a word from me.

"Mama, I want her ra!" He suddenly said pushing me into confusion.
"Who?" I asked.
"The one who received the award yesterday."He said.
"What? Ms. Dev?" I asked shockingly. Shock would be an understatement.
"No Bay, Diya." He retorted me irkly.
"Diya? Are you talking about Diya?" I questioned him.
"Then about whom do you think?" He smirked.
"Cut the crap Karthik, listen carefully! Ms. Dev proposed a deal. I don't wanna lose this chance. I wanna show her how best our company is and what it is capable of." I said.
"That's a great idea bro." He said grinning. I very well know why he is grinning like a girl. I smirked. Now it's my turn to tease him.
"So my best friend Karthik, the Executive Director of Malhotra Group Of Industries is in love with the Executive Director of Dev Group Of Industries." I said. Oh fuck! He is blushing like a girl.
"But I never said I love her." He said.
"But Karthik I have a query." I said.
"What?" He asked worriedly.
"I think it's just infatuation."I said.
" No it's infactuation. OK now listen I LOVE HER." He yelled. He understood my plan and bit his tongue." So you played your trump card here." He asked.
"Yes." I said.
"Now please send your PA to Ms. Dev's company for the deal. Please."He is literally begging making different faces. I nodded my head in yes.

Next day......

My PA Mr. Anil went to Ms. Dev's company. They asked my PA the theme and the intention of the deal. Now I'm in my car near Dev Group Of Industries. I'm very nervous. I'm going to deal with India's one of the greatest companies. Not one of the, its the best. Even Karthik accompanied me. Why won't he, when his lady love is here. I did not even have little time to cut my hair and shave my beard. I think I'm just looking like Arjun Reddy. I covered my face with my shades and entered inside the company. The company is well designed and well equipped. I and Karthik was taken to the meeting room. Everyone are present. There entered Ms. Dev. Picture perfect as I thought. She held her hair up in a bun. No make up.

I stood up and we had a frim shake hand. I observed her. But her face is void of any expression. Karthik gave the presentation. But by her look I understood that she is not satisfied with the presentation.
"Mr. Malhotra, can we have an another presentation in a week?" She asked in a cool manner.
I nodded. We had a shake hand and she left. Karthik is still in his seat looking at Diya.
"Awan I want her at any cost. At least we have to crack this deal for her." I am beyond shock listening his words. Here I am doing this for my company and he is thinking about Diya? Oh God please save my company.

With love ♥️
introvert_2001