The SLAP

Author's POV:

Ashu sat on the edge of the bed while Dev is pacing here and there looking at his sleeping Doll. No doubt they looked serene in their white outfits.

" Get up Doll! We don't have enough time." Dev said urgently.

Advi squirmed on the bed drowning herself into the deeper slumber.

" Doll! I'm asking you for the last time. Get up." Dev's voice laced with desperation and anger this time.

Advi gently opened her eyes and looked at them to see Ashu and Dev infront of her.

They smiled at her but she didn't even move a muscle just kept glancing at them. She didn't recognise them. Their faces are blur.

Ashu's and Dev's smile became wide seeing their daughter.

" Come to Dada my love!" Dev forwarded his hands but Advi just sat on her bed like a boulder.

" Who are you?" Advi asked trying to see them though their blur images.

Soon their smile faded and are replaced with the frowns.

" Don't you remember us Doll?" Ashu asked sadly. Advi stayed all quite trying to analyse who they are and why are they calling her as Doll.

" She found her family Ashu. It's a good news." Dev smiled inspite of the tears.

" Why are you crying?" Advi asked them innocently.

" Cause our daughter don't recognise us." Ashu choked holding her husband's arm.

" Mumma, Dada!" Advi whispered but they are no where to be seen.

Advi cried yelling for her parents. She is angry on herself that she didn't recognise them. They are getting erased from her memory. Her parents looked heartbroken seeing their daughter not recognising them.

" Mumma, Dada! Please come back. I'm sorry. I didn't forget you. Please!" She yelled on the top of her lungs. She is craving to see them but her body is not supporting her to call them.

" Doll!" Awan called patting her cheeks.

" I'm sorry. Please come back. I want you. Please." She cried hysterically.

" Doll! Mom, Dad!" Awan yelled for his parents still patting her cheeks to wake her up.

She looked dishelved and broken. Tear stains are everywhere on her face.

Advi opened her eyes to see Awan, Avanthi and Veer infornt of her looking at her worriedly.

" Who are you?" Advi asked Awan pushing him away. The whole family gaped at her.

She moved away and cried searching for her parents around her room.

" What are you looking at?" Avanthi asked concerned looking at her daughter in law.

" Mu....mumma, Da....dada.... Where are they? I want them. They are angry at me. Please call them back. They... Left me." Advi cried holding Avanthi's hands.

Veer looked at her with concern and signalled Awan to console her.

" Baby Doll! Why are your parents angry at you? They love you Doll!" Awan tried to make her understand.

" They are angry at me. I didn't recognise them. THEY ARE VANISHING FROM MY MEMORIES. I'm forgetting them. Please ask them to come back. Say them that I'm sorry." Advi pleaded holding Awan's collar.