The Pep Talk

Author's POV:

It's been a week that Advi left the Malhotra mansion. There is not even a second that Avanthi didn't remember her daughter. She missed her. She missed feeding her . She missed pampering her. Thinking if all these only brought a lone tear down her cheek. Veer wiped that out consoling his wife.

" She is my Doll Veer. How will she cope up with her broken trust and heart. She came to our home expecting some love and care from us. But what have we rewarded her with? Only betrayal by breaking her trust." Avanthi whispered in a broken voice.

" Who did this to my son Veer? Who tried to snatch his wife from my son by playing this dirty game? " Avanthi asked agitated.

" Priyanka Kapoor." Was his monotonous answer.

" Awan won't leave her Veer. She have mislead him and he is a wounded lion now. He'll chase her until she is gone from their lives." Avanthi said with disgust evident in her voice towards Ms. Kapoor.

" He'll send her away is fine. But will that bring his Doll back in his life? Will he be able to mend her broken heart Avu?" Veer asked caressing his wife's hair.

" Didn't you mend me after breaking me to the core Veer?" Avanthi asked looking into her husband's eyes which held passion for her.

This question took him off guard. Though she is true, it is difficult for his son to get Advi back. Still he didn't even say a word just agreeing with his wife.

Awan came home all tired and worn out. This is him since his wife left him and his house.

Awan stopped having his breakfast or dinner with his family. Veer internally broke seeing his wife and son.

Awan's health is totally getting detouriated day by day. All he do now is work and repeat it. It became his daily routine to come home at late night and stare at his Doll who is on the wall until sleep take over him.

It's a picture from the collection of his pre wedding shoot where she is cladded in white and him in his 3 piece white suit, her one hand on his chest and other around his neck and his hands around her slender waist.

That one picture is enough for everyone to think that they are madly in love with each other. But are they?

A lone tear slipped Awan's eye in his sleep. He woke up with a jerk and looked adjacent to him to find no one.

He dreamt that someone is stealing his Doll when she is sleeping in his arms.

" It's not a dream. It's a nightmare. Is this how my Doll feels when she gets those nightmares? May be even terrible." He mumbled to himself.

He looked at the wall clock to see it's 2:30 am. Later he again didn't go back to sleep.

He walked to his parents room and it's closed. He knocked the door but there's no response. He knocked it again getting the same response.

He was about to move when the door is opened by his mother.

" Awan?" Avanthi called. He turned to see his mother rubbing her eyes and looking at him.

" Mom. I want her. I can't li.....live without her. I.... I... made a mistake Mom. Please d.....do something. She just left me like that mom." Awan said trying himself not to let his tears fall.

" My baby." Avanthi hugged.

" Mom. I'm really sorry for what I've done to her. I regret mom. Ask her to come back. Please. She'll listen to you." Awan said wetting his mother's night dress.

" I don't hold any power in your relation Awan. It's your battle. I can't do anything. Did you atleast see her eyes when you dragged her down by her hair? It held fear for you. As if you are a monster. She was shivering that day Awan. And you implanted that fear in her. What pain she must have gone through Awan? Just be in her shoes and think once. Which girl will be with a monster like that?" Avanthi asked caressing his cheek.