Past

~Chapter 10~
Past

Charlis POV:
What the fuck?? He didn't jump off a nine story building?? If he jumped off a nine story building he'd be dead??

Charli: "how's he alive then"
Blaire: "he was very lucky. He broke 6 ribs, a leg, an arm and his neck."

Is she lying? How would she know all this?

Charli: "how do you know?"
Blaire: "I was his nurse."

Nah that's not possible. He said hes only known her for 2 years. This was 8 years ago.

Charli: "he said you've only known each other for 2 years"
Blaire: "no, he's only known me for 2 years. I've known him for 8. He never actually met me, but I had to watch him as he slowly lost all hope to his humanity."

So this is all true? He tried to kill himself? How much worse could this get? She said that was only the beginning?

Charli: "what happened next?"
Blaire: "he was put on 24/7 suicide watch. I watched him all day every day as he grew more and more out of his mind. After around a year of that, he was put in a metal institution. He hated it there too. He was kicked out of 13 institutions in the span of 4 years. He leaned how to behave because he knew he'd never get out if he didn't. After all that he tried to have a normal life. He switched his life around. He's a good person now, and I want it to stay like that."

Sheesh. Maybe I shouldn't have said he had the "perfect life"
He's been through more in 8 years then most people have been through in a lifetime.
I don't wanna blame myself for everything that's happened to him because it isn't my fault but maybe if I didn't leave him, I could have helped him Through it and prevented any of this from happening.

Charli: "why are you telling me this?"
Blaire: "I'm telling you this because it shows that if one thing goes wrong who knows what might happen? He might go off the rails again and he'll end up with nobody. Again."

... hate to say it but she's right. If what she's saying is true, I can't tell Chase. Blaire might be a backstabbing bitch but she's all chase has got.
It might be selfish of me not to tell him, but it would be even more selfish to tell him.

Charli: "alright. I won't tell him. Not for you, but for him."
Blaire: "good."
Charli: "is he still afraid to love anyone?"

Damn.

Blaire: "yup."
Charli: "but what about-"
Blaire: "I know he isn't in love with me Charli. But that doesn't matter because I love him."

She knows? That's a little selfish? She knows he isn't happy with her but she continues to drag him along?

Charli: "so why did you cheat."
Blaire: "why did you break up with him? It's not that simple."
Charli: "I broke up with him becaus-"
Blaire: "because he didn't have enough money? You found someone else? He wasn't enoug-"
Charli: "because I loved him, and I didn't want to burden him. I knew he could do better than me. Well I thought. Turns out I was wrong"

She rolled her eyes

Blaire: "well, he didn't think that. You betrayed him"

Damn. Maybe I did make the wrong choice when I broke up with him.

Blaire: "now get out of my house"
Charli: "no"
Blaire: "get out!"
Charli: "listen, I'm not going to tell him but I easily could and if I did, you'd be stuck as a single mom getting 200 dollars a month. That's not enough to live off of. So maybe you should be nicer to me"

She rolled her eyes then left.

Looks like I'm staying.

I walked downstairs and saw Chase doing the dishes.

Chase: "hello love"
He smiled

Charli: "hey"

Uhhh I wanna tell him so bad.

Charli: "I'm gonna go to work. I'm already late. Like really late."
Chase: "okay, do you want me to come?"
Charli: "you don't have to if you don't wanna"
Chase: "no, Il come. It's my job"

I nodded

We walked to the door

Chase: "bye Blaire!"
Blaire: "bye"

We left and got in the car.
He started driving

We arrived at the work building.
I got out of the car and walked inside.

Chase: "do you want me to get you a coffee or something?"
Charli: "no thanks"

Everyone in the office was looking at Chase.

Charli: "why they looking at you?"
Chase: "I bring them donuts everyday. I don't have them today- Il get them-"
Charli: "no don't it's fine. They don't need donuts."

We walked upstairs and went into my office.

It was silent for a second

Chase: "so Charli.. I actually needed to ask you something"
Charli: "okay?"
Chase: "since I don't have a lot of friends, I want you to be my best man- I mean best Woman"
Charli: "wait really??"
Chase: "yes!"

I smiled and then hugged him.

I keep forgetting he's getting married. Uh if only he knew who he was getting married too.

Charli: "why?"
Chase: "why what?"
Charli: "I just don't understand, why do you like me so much? Why are you so nice to me? We just met?"

He wants me to be a brides maid at his wedding? Why tho

Chase: "we didn't just meet. You helped me through a tough time in my life."

Am I forgetting something? I don't remember helping him through anything

Charli: "when?"

He sighed

Chase: "after my parents died. Long story short I was put into a mental institution-"

Do I act surprised or-

Charli: "oh my god.. why"
Chase: "Il tell you that another day"

...

Chase: "as I was saying, I had nothing to do but think while I was stuck in the institutions. I couldn't seem to think of anything good in my life, but you. We were broken up then but I was thinking about all the ways I could get you back, all the good times we spent together, after around 3 years I was even planning our wedding. Obviously none of the fake scenarios I made in my head actually happened but they were the light at the end of the tunnel. You were
the light at the end of the tunnel."

A/n
Most of this chapter was just talking so sorry about that but hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did comment or something!!

Wow it's already chapter 10 of this book? That went quickly

Word count - 1101