You gotta chose

~Chapter 66~
                   You gotta chose

Time skip ⏭
2 weeks later

Charlis POV:
As I expected, Chase still hasn't divorced blaire. Yes I'm happy with him of course but I don't want to be a love affair? I want to be his girlfriend. His one and only girlfriend. He knows this isn't fair to me.

He's just been so caught up with this baby and stuff that he's never really talked to me about divorcing blaire, if I'm being honest I kinda feel bad for him.

He looks so tired, trying to make everyone happy.
I know he's just trying not to hurt anyone. He's trying to do the right thing by doing the wrong thing.

The weird thing is... I thought when I became rich, I wouldn't have to worry about this stuff... I thought I'd be happy automatically. I didn't think I really needed chase or anyone to make me happy but I'm rich now. I gotta new house, new everything and It feels the same. I mean obviously this is better than before, I'm not unhappy but not being unhappy doesn't mean I'm
Happy. The only thing that makes me happy is... Chase.

But he's always with her...

Chases POV:
"I'm so tired.
I don't want anyone to get hurt...
I don't want to leave Blaire because she clearly needs help, but I don't want to stay with her because of Charli.

Charli and I are happy, I love her and Everything is great. I think? She acts a little weird around me sometimes

It's probably because I still haven't divorced Blaire, I get it. She's probably upset... that's the last thing I want.

But I don't know what to do??

There's just so much pressure on me... I can't do it...

I gotta be the best person all the time... I try my best to help with the kid, to be with my wife, to be with Charli.

The truth is, I'm a terrible person

I'm cheating on my wife when she literally just gave birth, I'm trying to keep a balanced income just to help blaire so I have no choice but to spy on Charli and give Patrica information about her.

I feel terrible... sometimes I just think about what it would be like if I wasn't here"

Dr.Chen: "what do you mean when you say "here?" What does here me?"
Chase: "it means this earth."

She sighed

Dr.Chen: "Why do you say that?"
Chase: "in some way I feel like I'm ruining everyone's lives"
Dr.Chen: "now Chase, what I think is happening is you think you are ruining everyone's lives when you aren't. You're just ruining yours"

What?

Chase: "what do you mean?"
Dr.Chen: "you are living 2 different lives at the same time, it's not healthy and you are physically and mentally drained."

I think she's right...

Chase: "so what should I do?"
Dr.Chen: "you have to pick one"

How am I supposed to do that??

Chase: "how do you expect me to pick one? I don't know how"
Dr.Chen: "pick the one that makes you happy, not Blaire, not Charli. You. Put yourself first for once in your life"

I sighed

Chase: "...how do I know which one makes me happy?"
Dr.Chen: "I've been listening to you talk about your 2 lives for 2 weeks. You know which one makes you happy"

She's right... I do know which one makes me happy... I've known it all along...

Dr.Chen: "you're still young Chase, here's a piece of advice. Live your life before it's too late"

She's right, I've been so focused on making Charli happy and making blaire happy that I didn't care what makes me happy, I have to chose.

Chase: "you're Right thank you"
Dr.Chen: "you're welcome. By next session except you to have chosen"

Next session!?

Chase: "that's in like 2 days??"
Dr.Chen: "you know what you want Chase, there isn't a decision to even make"

The hard part isn't making the decision it's telling the person

Dr.Chen: "that's the end of our session, good luck"
Chase: "thank you"

Charlis POV:
I heard a knock at the door and I walked downstairs to get it

I opened the door it was Chase

Charli: "hey"
I smiled

Chase: "hello love"

He hugged me

Chase: "may I come in?"

I nodded and he walked in
He quickly kissed me

Chase: "how are you"
Charli: "I'm good, you?"

He sighed

Chase: "Charli... can we talk"

No- I hate when he says that?? It's always something bad?!

Charli: "no please don't break up with me?? I didn't do anything?! You already broke up with me once?? Why do you need to do it again? You're the only thing that makes me happy, please don't leave?! I know you have like a "family" and everything but I love you chase-"
Chase: "Charli I'm not breaking up with you"

He isn't?? Thank god

Chase: "I just wanted to talk"

Oh

I sat down on the couch and he sat down next to me

Chase: "I'm sorry"
Charli: "for what?

He held my hand

Chase: "for everything, for not leaving Blaire, for not being with you all the time. You should be my number 1 priority, and I'm sorry you haven't"
Charli: "chase I know you don't wanna hurt anyone, But you gotta chose and you're gonna have to hurt someone. Even if it is me"

He looked at me

Chase: "no, I'm not gonna hurt you. I promised. You make me happy Charli, and you're the only person who makes me happy and I know that's unfair but it's true so no I'm not leaving you. For the first time in my life I'm gonna put myself in front of everyone else and I'm gonna chose the thing I want to do, im gonna chose the option that makes me happy. Starting tomorrow I am gonna restart, I'm picking you Charli. I'm gonna break things off with Blaire even if it makes me selfish. I love you Charli and I know that your the person I want"

A/n
Aw cuties 😩 I got some good idea hehe get ready 👍

Also if you do have any ideas make sure to put them in the comments, or dm me   Here or on Instagram (@charlile_damelio)

Word count - 1049