You need to get better before we can be together

~Chapter 121~
You need to get better
Before we can be together

Chases POV:
I am mad at mason right now. It's almost like he was only saying what she wanted to hear? making me seem like the bad guy. He agrees with me until she shows up. I love Charli and id do anything to protect her, trust me when I say the last thing she needs right now is somebody telling her what she's doing is okay. Deep down she knows she needs help, but she finds excuses to prove herself otherwise so if somebody were to tell her that she's fine that's a great excuse to keep drinking.

we arrived at therapy and we walked into the room

Dr.Chen: "Chase, You brought charli. nice to see you guys"

i think this will help her. I need her to know she has a problem, once she knows and once she sees that its really not healthy then she will finally be able to recover

Chase: "hello"

we both sat down

Dr.Chen: "Charli I have not seen you in a long time, that must mean you're doing well right?"

...

Charli: "im doing great"
Dr.Chen: "im actually surprised you guys came together after all the things Chase has said about you guys"

Im still in therapy for one reason and one reason only. Her.

Charli: "what has he said?"
Dr.Chen: "Just about how you guys have been on a break for months now? are you guys back together?"

I shook my head

Charli: "definitely not"

bit harsh

Chase: "I think that... Charli needs to learn how to care for herself before she can be with someone else"

I don't think this break will be ending any time soon. She really needs time to focus on herself and I'm not gonna get in the way of that.

Chase: "Charli why don't you tell her about your problem now"
Charli: "fine"

she looked at the floor

Charli: "as chase would say, he thinks im an alcoholic and he thinks i need help. his words not mine"
Dr.Chen: "why do you think he would think that Charli?"

she shrugged

Charli: "maybe from an outside perspective it would look like it, but I got better I promise. i was an alcoholic but I'm not anymore"

she doesn't realize that's shes not better then before, shes not the same as before, shes worse

Dr.Chen: "so what does being better mean to you?"
Charli: "It means- uhm. not being an alcoholic?"

...

dr.Chen: "and what does alcoholism mean to you?"
Charli: "it means drinking a lot"

exactly...

Dr.Chen: "and how often would you say you drink Charli?"
Charli: "everyday..."

I looked at her and she was still in denial

Charli: "no you don't understand, it depends how much you drink everyday."

...

Dr.Chen: "and charli how much do you drink every day?"
Charli: "...I don't know... I black out for days... sometimes even months I can't remember"

She can't remember anything? At all??

Dr.Chen: "so Charli tell me... if you drink so much that you blackout every single day... why does that make you better then you were before?"
Charli: "it doesn't..."