Just like old times

~Chapter 138~
                 Just like old times

Chases POV:
I'm sorry but- Didn't she literally just tell me she hasn't seen him... why is she lying to me?
Why does she always lie? She just said she trusted me, she wouldn't lie to me if she trusted me? There has to be some trust in this relationship or else is never gonna work.

Why is Mason here? In her room?
It doesn't make sense?
She knew I was worried? She could have at least told me he was okay.

Charli: "Chase- hey?"

Seriously

Chase: "why is he here- you said you didn't know where he was?"

She looked at Mason

Charli: "look, Mason wanted somewhere to stay because of what you did to him"

Wait what? What did I do?

Chase: "wait? What did I do? I'm sorry- I didn't realize"
Mason: "it's fine Chase. Don't apologize. It's too late now"

Wait what? Seriously?? What did I actually do?

Chase: "no seriously Mason. Please tell me? I didn't mean to offend you if I did?"
Mason: "you know what you did"

No I don't??

I walked up to Charli

Chase: "what did I do? Can you tell me?"
Charli: "I don't wanna get in between you two"

What?? No- I feel bad now? Did I do something bad?

Chase: "wait why are you actually letting him stay for free-"
Charli: "never said it was free"

Oh. That explains it.
So he would rather stay with Charli- and pay- then stay with me for free? I must have done something bad.
I just don't know what-

Chase: "okay- well if you won't tell me then I don't know what I'm apologizing for but I'm sorry- I didn't mean to do whatever I did to you Mason"

It was silent for a second

Charli: "anyways, I'm thinking we should obviously have a New Year's Eve party."
Chase: "that's a great idea- but with what friends?"

That's still a problem for me.

Charli: "who needs real friends when you can buy them"

She's paying people to come to her party- that's really sad

Chase: "no- wait we aren't done this conversation. Why did you lie to me?"

She signed

Charli: "he paid me extra to keep my mouth shut about him... I'm sorry... I didn't think it was that big of a deal to you"
Chase: "that's okay, if anything I'm glad you two are getting along. The 2 most important people to me"

Even though I am a little offended that she kept this from me, I'm glad they are both getting along. When Charli and I are married, Masons gonna see a lot more of her. Well- Charli and I will probably get our own house- so I will be seeing a lot more of Charli and a lot less of Mason. Either way, they will have to tolerate each other. They will have to learn to like each other, they'll be family.

Charli: "Mason was just leaving"
Chase: "oh, okay"

Mason walked away and left

Time skip ⏭
1 day later

Charlis POV:
New Year's Eve. I'm planning on having a party today, hopefully I can pay some people to have fun at it.
I haven't had a party or been to one in a while, so it's about time. I have a huge house so why not?